• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hi im mother bunny

i have just joined today and dont really know what to put here .We have a spaniel, 5 cats ,6 bunnies -mum dad and 4 kids ,and a hamster .We were going to rehome our babies but i have fallen in love with them .My mum died last week so im feeling rather lost and found this lovely site while faffing about .Can anyone recomend somewhere for very reasonable hutches and runs please :wave:

Hi and welcome to RU. No advice on hutches from me im afraid but there are loads of people on here who will be able to give advice.

Sorry to hear about you mum :wave:

hi, you sound like me 4 kids 1 dog 10 rabbits and 2 gerbils lol. i have found myself in similar situation had 2 accidental litters 4 weeks apart!!! found great homes for the first litter all have settled well and i still see most of them and my second litter are going to live at Rand farm park in lincolnshire once they are 7 weeks old.I have visited before and been impressed with how the animals were treated so im happy for them to go there :) i have kept one from last litter and will keep one from this litter have had daddio neutered and mum will be once shes weaned the babys !!!

hi welcome to RU, hmmm well you could neuter mum and dad and kids and then they could all live together in a shed plus permanent run, or you could have them in two trios or three pairs?

xxx

thanks ,we asked r.s.p.c.a. for help with cost of neutering and they could not help with all but offered to do one and rehome youngsters .We would rather keep them , i had planned keeping them together but she advised me not too cos they fight !,anyone had similar probs thanks for kind comments

You'd have to neutur them all or they'll mate again or have fights.
I got a very nice hutch for my guinea pigs from the HappyHutchCompany

:wave: hello and welcome to RU :) You could ask on your local freecycle for large hutches or keep your eye out for a 2nd hand shed or playhouse on ebay. Im afraid you will find that if the babies are not neutered when they mature they will fight. Perhaps you could save up and get them all neutered/spayed to stop breeding and the fights. Bucks can be sexually mature at 13 weeks :shock:

Back