• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Made some improvments to my rabbit run u/d all gone worng

xShellx

Alpha Buck
Its cover on top now so they can be out in the rain.
buns001.jpg

And I have started to add extra fine mesh. They will have 24 hour access as soon as this is finished.

buns002.jpg

buns004.jpg

Marble and Pepper didnt want to come out lol.

buns006.jpg

buns007.jpg

The rain has made the middle colaspe

Last edited:
That's the problem with having the run totally covered with that sort of cover, as I learnt to my cost as well. The best thing is to get a big board and put it over just one end.

have just taken it down. It almost colasped and its bent all the wire over the top of the run.

My oh is gona build a frame with a slope. My buns have been shut inside the hutch as there run is just mud. Cant beleive how my great idea back fired

That's a real shame. Today was probably the biggest test in terms of volume of rain it was ever going to get.

If there is any sort of gradient (if not, one can always be created by raising one end a bit), then corregated PVC sheeting should allow the water to drain away off the roof.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/PVC-and-Accessories/Clear-PVCu-Corrugated-Sheet/invt/240150

You may need a couple of battens to stop bowing in the center of a long span like yours.

thanks for that will buy some of that instead and raise one end,

OH can have the taupaulin for his trailer/ car or whatever lol

Don't want to worry you, but foxes can burrow into runs. I know you are putting extra mesh on so that they can get 24 hour use, but they can go under into runs.

You have a great run and sorry about your frustrations with the taupaulin.

Don't want to worry you, but foxes can burrow into runs. I know you are putting extra mesh on so that they can get 24 hour use, but they can go under into runs.

You have a great run and sorry about your frustrations with the taupaulin.

hi there is mesh unerneith the run too

zoomay2008210.jpg

thanks for that will buy some of that instead and raise one end,

OH can have the taupaulin for his trailer/ car or whatever lol

I have to say, I love the setup you have. You could play for hours in there with them (when its dry :D)!

Well.....if it's any comfort to you, I did the exact same thing.....with the EXACT same results!!! :oops: :lol: :lol: I thought I was being ESPECIALLY clever, as I put 2" X 1" wooden strapping across the tops of the runs under the tarpaulins, which I thought would hold them up and keep them taught and stop the rain from gathering in pools.............WRONG !!!!! :roll: :lol:

Well.....if it's any comfort to you, I did the exact same thing.....with the EXACT same results!!! :oops: :lol: :lol: I thought I was being ESPECIALLY clever, as I put 2" X 1" wooden strapping across the tops of the runs under the tarpaulins, which I thought would hold them up and keep them taught and stop the rain from gathering in pools.............WRONG !!!!! :roll: :lol:

thanks wont try that then

i finished puting the mesh around and im leaving them out all night tonight. Abit nervous as we do get foxes

:wave: Your run looks great!As you've put mesh on the floor, i dont think foxes will be able to get in.

Back