• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

people with groups

bunlover

Warren Veteran
what size accomodation is needed for 4 buns living together? would it need to be a shed or could a 6x3ft(floor)x2ft height hutch attatched to a 6x6ft run with 4 hours free run time be adapted...just wondering?!

my group of 4 have an L shaped shed which is approx 45 square feet of floor space, and are let onto a patio area for a couple hours a day depending on the weather (not today!) which measures about 5x15 - they have a little tykes playing frame thingy to run in and out of the holes at the bottom, and a plastic chair in the shed and a chair on the patio to climb on, which they love doing, and they also like to have a big cardboard box to shred in the shed, with hay in - they like digging in the corners of the box and ripping holes in it to make a 'warren' - and they also like to eat and poop as a group, so they have 2 guinea pig cage bases side by side for litter trays - 3 rabbits can fit in one tray side by side.

the 3x6 hutch you are describing is as big as the rabbit run I have, and I can't imagine 4 bunnies in that - really they need a large territory to avoid fights and accidents (when I had 5 in the shed one bumped into another during play time when they were running around like mad things, and a serious injury was sustained)

ok so maybe i could make another 6x3ft hutch and do it into an l shape connecting it to the existing hutch then make the flor space of run bigger maybe into 8ftx6ft? and tehn obviously the additional 4hours free range in day? (dont want to no t us my hutch as dad built it for me and its a gift and sentimental value... i onyl have 2 buns at moment a nethie cross and a small lop but am thinking about a group. the run would be attatched permenantly as it is now with a door that allows 4 hours free run time in garden. i dontt hink i explained properly before!!

currently permennt space is 54sq foot which is houseing 2 buns i want to house 4 i could possibly make it to 66 sq foot by changing the run or 69 sq foot by adding an additional hutch at 5x3ft. i dunno really what is best obviously they would still get free range run time too ?X

Back