• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bunny.

Hope this is the right place but i am having problems with my new bun. I rehomed her from my friend on Monday.
Bunny is quite unfriendly and I am finding her quite hard to cope with she trys to chew things and has weed on my carpet:shock:
I never really wanted a bun but thought I was helping my friend out.
How can I get her to be more friendly? She tries to bite.
Are there any toys I can get her to discourage chewing my furniture/belongings etc?
She is rather noisy as well as she lives in my bedroom and wakes me up through the night. I am on the verge of telling my friend I cant keep her but I know it will really upset her so am rathher stuck.

Hope this is the right place but i am having problems with my new bun. I rehomed her from my friend on Monday.
Bunny is quite unfriendly and I am finding her quite hard to cope with she trys to chew things and has weed on my carpet:shock:
I never really wanted a bun but thought I was helping my friend out.
How can I get her to be more friendly? She tries to bite.
Are there any toys I can get her to discourage chewing my furniture/belongings etc?
She is rather noisy as well as she lives in my bedroom and wakes me up through the night. I am on the verge of telling my friend I cant keep her but I know it will really upset her so am rathher stuck.

Hi and welcome.

Alot of buns appear unfriendly at first, she needs time to settle into her new surroundings.

Am guessing she is a housebun, i have two housebuns who currently live in my attic and occasionally roam my bedroom supervised. In the attic we have meshed the walls to avoid chewing. So i cant suggest much, am sure someone else can though.

There are plenty of toys available for buns, most popular of mine are willow balls and sticks, tunnels and cardboard tubes, boxes etc, stuff abit of hay and some food, grass or veg and they love it.

As with the noise, i understand, our housebuns are noisy (they are above us), couldnt imagine them in the same room. Have you got somewhere else she could be kept?

I dont know the circumstances for you rehoming the bun off your friend, but do please stick with it.

Im struggling with one of my new buns at the moment, had her a week and i must say with time and patience, of sitting with her, offering her food and talking to her it is slowly paying off.

Hope this helps.

Nat xx

I agree with the above post :)

I would also question whether she has been spayed? and unspayed rabbit is more likely to be agressive, unfriendly and wee everywhere, although spaying is not a guaranteed solution to these problems.

However, its important to spay your bun anyway as it dramatically reduces her risk of getting womb cancer.

Rabbits can be quite challenging pets and they're not right for everyone, however they can be very rewarding once you get past the initial problems, so I hope you can stick with it and keep her. :)

If you have any other questions you might get quicker results if you post in Rabbit Chat or Rabbit Care, as more people read those forums.

Back