• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jasmine...

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Have had her just over a week now and she is still really nervous and aggressive.

I feel part of this is due to the ear drops as she appears to find this uncomfortable (but who wouldnt)...To do the ear drops my OH has to help me catch her and handle her. If he isnt around i have to climb in her cage/run in which she just charges around.

If i put my hand in cage she lunges for me and scratches me. She looks so scared and darts around the cage.

She is eating fine and drinking etc etc, throwing her toys around and binkying. Just very nervous of me, how can i help her overcome this? I try and sit in with her but she just gets herself in a state and if i go near her with food or no food she lunges for me lol...

Im hoping to bond her with Oscar once her treatment has finished, so she will have his company, but i still need her to accept me. Oscar may help with this as he is my friendlist bun, full of kisses and loves cuddles..

Anyone?!

xx

She just needs time.
Getting in her run and just sitting quietly without trying to touch her will get her used to you being near.
Hand feeding..with gloves if needed.. will help..
Poor girl..sad she is so nervous..I'm sure with time and tlc she'll come round

Hmm, Sounds quite like Jen. A week isn't really that long I guess, especially as your having to give her ear drops. I'd give her some more time to settle in, and then just sit by her hutch & chat to her. Talk to her every time you go to feed & water her etc, she'll soon get used to your voice. Is she in a hutch? Ie have somewhere to hide as in a sleeping compartment or something? She will come round, I'm sure. Poor girl X

i think its down to the ear drops hun, when she first got her (okay she was only here a day) but she was very friendly and enquisitive, but as soon as i did those ear drops, she hated me. and she hasnt had the chance to associate you with good things yet, just 'bad' bcus of the drops.

she just needs time xxxx

I guess your all right, she needs time. Its just she looks uncomfortable when ive done the drops so i hate doing them and then she just looks at me so scared.

Shes currently in the attic in a built up pen of NIC cubes, not the easiest to get in and out of but shes quite a big girl so i dont have a big enough hutch, plus she needs to be isolated from other buns.

I guess im expecting it all to be like Oscar was....all over me lol.

Come on Jasmine, work with me. I travelled 8hrs for you girl lol.

Cant wait for ear drops to be over and for her to be bonded with Oscar. Fingers crossed and...

THANKS AGAIN

*wanders upstairs to sit next to Jasmine with laptop*

lol xx

i think she needs to start assoiciating you with good things, so if you do sit in there with your laptop or something and ignore her, then shes going to stop thinking 'arrgh shes here again!' and gradually she wont mind you being in there.

Pebbles was very timid when i got her, and i have an odd tactid but it worked.

i sit crossed leged and pu a treat, or a bit of veg on my leg/knee and leave it, dont make eye contact or nothing. eventually she will come over and take it, then start making eye contact.

then have your hand near the food, then try hand feeding. it worked with pebbles :D

aww yay! she is such a sweet girl, she just needs time. i also found with pebbles, being with domino my soppy boy helped alot. bcus if he came over, she would, bcus she could see he didnt se me as a threat.

if she stayed a single bun it would have been harder

I just been sat with her (outside the cage) feeding her pellets through the bars, she came over quite interested, nimbled then ran away, then came back, so i kept saying her name over and over.

When i got up to go she climbed bars and looked as if to say your going...lol

Aww wow...:love::D

Back