• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bringing outdoor rabbit in for winter

milly100

Alpha Buck
Hi,
Im seriously considering bringing my outdoor bunny inside soon for the winter. As firstly I would worry about him getting to cold and also I feel he wouldnt get enough attention outside as it will soon be dark in the mornings and dark when I come home from work. I allready have a house rabbit and when I got my outdoor bunny the plan was to keep him as a houserabbit to but he just hated being inside and much preferred being outside.
I have a 40" dog cage which can be his base and until hes house trained I can attach a run to it to give him more room through the day when Im not in. Hes allready litter trained which is good. But I could really do with covering the carpet where his run will be as he loves to dig. So does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can put on the carpet to protect it??
Many thanks

No advice but when I brought Misty in she ended up staying in forever :lol:

She has the run of the kitchen infact I think she believes the room belongs to her now lol...

No advice but when I brought Misty in she ended up staying in forever :lol:

She has the run of the kitchen infact I think she believes the room belongs to her now lol...

LOL. Im hoping that Blackie does remain as a houserabbit as he is such lovely natured. I would let him have the kitchen but we have a dog and we have to leave the kitchen door open as her water dish is in there.

Thanks for the advice. Im going to nearly definately bring him inside and hopefully for good as I know he wont get the attention he deserves being outside. Take tonight for example, Its pouring with rain so ill just quickly go and check on him and feed him, change his litter tray and change his water but he absolutely loves getting petted which unfortunately wont happen tonight.
I know you cant keep changing their temperature but I wont be doing this as he will be staying inside either for good or until the warmer weather comes again.

Winter and bad weather is the reason mine are indoor buns. My last rabbit scragles was outdoors originaly, but come bad weather they dont get as much fuss and fun. In the end i bought him in doors during the summer and made him a house bunny.

The cold weather worries me and them being out there in it.

Its the foxes, the cold weather and the lack of attention which has made me decide that Blackie is coming inside. This will be happening as soon as I get something to protect the carpet under the run as my oh will go mad if he chews the carpet!!! Flopsey my indoor bunny has done her fair chewing of wires!!

Back