• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How best to be friends with Alyssa

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
hmm.. alyssa is not my friend.

how best to befriend a nervous bunny? at the moment she does keep coming over and sniffing me but she is very nervous of me

also, to get her used to handling should i keep handling her regular? its for the vets tbh x

I would just keep sitting on the floor watching telly or reading and let her do what she wants :D

Scarlett doesnt pay any attention to me even now :lol: Although I wouldnt say she is nervous, just thinks there are more interesting things to do than hang out with me :oops: :lol:

I have made a point of lifting her everyday, but then she is in a happyhutch combo and I have to lift her to get her in and out so she really has no choice :lol: I still just sit on the floor with her, she very rarely comes anywhere near me but I think thats just how she is :) Both my girls are very independant compared to my boys!

I would say for the first few months she wouldnt even come to see if I had food, but now occasionally she will get bored of hopping about by herself and come and squash herself inbetween me and Trip for 5 minutes then get up again :lol:

Once she is used to you could you try bunny massage to get her used to being touched? I got the book and although it took longer with Scarlett than it did with the others they all love it and they have all gotten used to laying down afterwards while I check them over :) x

Back