• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dent/scratch in eye

Amsy1991

Mama Doe
ive just noticed a dent or scratch in the middle of binkys right eye. i was wondering if i would be anything serious and if we should treat it or whatever. i was wondering also how it was caused, maybe a scrap between miffy & him or he got hay stuck in it? im not sure.

any tips. id take a photo but theres no point as you wouldnt be able to see it.

amyx

I would prob take to vet to check out-if not be watchful for signs of infection. Does the bun seem in pain?-Sue:wave:

Is it on the eyeball, or the lid? Kendra had to have stitches recently cos she had the tiniest liitle cut on her eyelid. I took her to vets as soon as I saw it, but TBH I didn't think it was a big deal at all:oops: Vet was concerned it would change shape of her eyeball, that could lead to massive problems:shock: She had a GA, a couple of stitches, metacam & baytril & was fine after about a week:D

I also had someone elses buns here for bonding recently & one of them (Pr Prod's Dude) had a little eye injury. I panicked a bit cos of Kendra, but he just had baytril & vet put some dye in his eye to make sure his eyeball had no scratch:D

So vets:D

It sounds more like an ulceration on the eye. I would take him to the vet so he can see if it is retaining dye. He will need a course of fucithalmic drops or tiacil either way. :)

Back