• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how do i do this right?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:wave: my elderly mums going in tomorrow for cataract surgery on an eye that was only just saveable.
theyve told her no sleeping on pillows.....no bending over/down or lifting heavy things.
im going to be removing her little housebunny and bringing her over here until mums eye has had a chance to heal. hunnybunny is due her third lot of mite drops soon and her myxi booster tuesday (my bandit will be havin g his booster at the same time too). i am going to use bif n bandits old cage and put her litter tray her toys and bowls in there..im going to keep her in the spare but cluttery bedroom..ill put a ramp up and put some panels around her so she can get some exercise.
im worried will the smell be too obvious to my buns downstairs?
obviously ill be careful and wash hands/try and change clothes etc.

hunnybunny is my mums companion..my dad passed away in march 2006 and last march hunnybunny went to live with my mum...its adoration for each other..its lovely to see. my mums got something else to think about..has company and is loving getting to know her..shes got the run of the downstairs and is in her cage overnite as now when mum goes out she leavers her out. ive upset my mum having to take her for a few days/week or so but as i explained to her im sick with this bug and my epilpetic attacks are so unpredictable..itd make it harder for me and hunnybunny coming over morning afternoon and late night putting her to bed..it gave me two fits last time as my sleep pattern isnt one!
she will get cleaned fed watered and played with as much as poss.
but not like she would at home..shes got my mum round her little toe:lol:

my mum loves her soo much and she loves my mum right back..adorable.

she knows me and the scents of my buns and puddies so im hoping thatll help.
but its my buns im worried about in my lounge..theyd just got to the point of being able to rebond and spent an entire hour in the lounge together with two small scuffles and one fur pulling. willows so well behaved..its bertie whos alpha bun right now! will this make the dynamics alter..it will wont it:(

maybe leave rebonding til she goes home..or shall i let my buns interact with each other each day like i did anyway?

thanks for the bump:wave:

well im on my own with this then.

bif escaped thursday night into frenchies patch..i had to use the huge toy bunny they have to seperate them with and grab bif. she was not injured that i could see but was minus a small pile or two of fur..but so was willow!

that little girl has a death wish i swear...bandit doesnt go looking for a fight..he runs and hides in the upstairs of his hutch! bif goes looking to make trouble!!

hunnybunny is in bifs old cage and is a bit subdued but pooping and weeing and eating hay. she has been laying down using her towel as a cushion etc.

bertie has weed in a line on their side of the lounge..around the tray..under my pine unit..on the feet of the floor standing fan and right up to the sliding glass door and its frame! cheers bertie! bif has pushed the little tray their side of the divide to one side and peed alongside where bertie lays....

so i dont know if it was down to the fight or they can smell hunnybunny or a bit of both!

dont think bonding sessions will be affected..might make it worse..might actually help matters..eventually!:lol:

Back