• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Incisor Extraction in 7 Year Old Doe ...U/D 1840hrs

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
My Maya.........:(

Despite a good hay based diet from the age of 8 weeks Maya developed an Incisor Malocclusion at the age of 7 :shock: :?
This, in turn, has led to molar problems resulting in her needing a full Dental under GA ever 5-6 weeks. Obviously not ideal.

Anyway, today Christabel says she thinks it may be better to remove her Incisors. Maya has been admitted and will have Xrays etc to assess what is going on with her teeth/tooth roots. I am really worried about her as she is an older girl now and she will have to have Ketamine as part of her GA rather than her usual Propafol, from which she recovers very quickly.

Can we have some vibes please..........

Last edited:
Peppermint, who is 7-8 years old and has a very delicate tummy, has just had an op to remove a fatty lump from base of her ear. I was worried to death about her having op, but she kept catching lump everytime she cleaned her ear and making it bleed. She is just fine - apart from having to wear a bucket collar. Sending lots of healing, positive vibes for Maya.

Maya got through her op' :)
She is still completely out of it as the op' was not done til 3.30pm. Christabel removed Maya's incisors. The Xrays show that the upper molar roots are elongated but the lower ones appear to be reasonably OK.

Maya is asleep on my lap as I type this. I will run some Hartmans through her in a while. I dont think her recovery will be speedy as she is a frail girl :cry:

MeandafewBuns183.jpg

well done maya! so pleased to hear she got through it o.k. i hope she's feeling better soon, i expect she's a little sore!
sending vibes
Lisa and the buns x

Ive only just caught up with this.Maya what a darling bunny:love::love::love:.Im preying that you recover quickly from your opp.You couldnt have a better mummy to get you through.God bless you sweetie

Awww, I am glad the OP went well. Sending lots of vibes for a speedy recovery. She looked quite brave and active this morning, no sign of vet syndrome. :D

It was lovely to meet Cloud and Sunny !! :love: :love:

They were not so happy to meet Christabel, as you could probably tell from Cloud's thumping. :lol: But they have forgiven me by now.

So is it mashed veggies for Maya from now on? Do you have other bunnies that need their veggies chopped up?

Back