• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the BONDING begins! PICS #9 #18 #25 #31 #37 #46 #62 in the room #71

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
:shock::shock::shock: omg i am actually shaking!

bit of chasing so far thats it i am pooping myself :oops:

pics to follow

I was feeling just the same first time I bonded a pair....I've done 2 more pairs since,neither as stressful as the first.....good luck!

yeeha and blue my uncle and his wifes buns ignored each other for 24 hours!!

they r loved up now though

he just went over to sit with her then after about 2 secs changed his mind and went and ate some hay (on the plus side the whole of downstairs now smells strongly of fresh hay :love: )

just uploading first lot of pics

i have put a tiny pinch of her pellets (she is on A&P breeder) in to tempt them out they are now eating them together, teegs hasnt had those pellets before but i literaly put in a teensy pinch (he did used to have A&P natural not sure how different they are) she has opted not to move...even when h =e sat on her :roll:

I was a complete wreck when we bonded Stan & Carmel. After their initial intro at the rescue, we were told based in their reaction to each other that it may work, but expect at least one big fight. That's exactly what happened on the second day, but after separating them for a bit, we had no other real problems.

first lot of pics

the pen

bonding002.jpg

add 2 bunnies

bonding003.jpg

first meeting

bonding005.jpg

sniff sniff

bonding008.jpg

look at the size difference :shock:

bonding010.jpg

following him round

bonding011.jpg

more sniffys

bonding013.jpg

standing close

bonding014.jpg

teegs hiding

bonding016.jpg

they are now just sat in a corner each, did have another sniff of each other a minute ago, he keeps hopping over her and sitting on her as though she isnt there...is that normal?

Its sounding very positive - good luck. Yep, they are displaying typical bunny behaviour. I have instigated bondings in the past where the buns continuously chase and bite each others bottoms :shock:

Last edited:
they are now just sat in a corner each, did have another sniff of each other a minute ago, he keeps hopping over her and sitting on her as though she isnt there...is that normal?

Reckon it's just part of the getting to know you game. Trying to find out what they can get away with etc.

I'd say, if the fur isn't flying, it's all positive :D

Yes..looking good. It's a great idea to put a box that's too small for Teegs to get into as it gives the weeny one a place to feel safe. If Teegs is litter trained you could put a litter tray in one corner as well.

i was hoping that box would be a bit small but that bunny is like an octopus! how his butt has got in there is beyond me! might go find a tray in a min only try we have i think is his which would take up ha;f the pen :lol:

That wouldn't matter..they don't need much room and they can jump in and around it. It'll give them something new to take up their attention for a bit.I'd hold off on the hoover until it looks as though they are getting agitated about each other's presence. Might not crop up at all though:lol:

i put an old storage box lid with paper and hay in hoping it would be close enough to a tray :lol: also got another box and tried to make it as small as possible so i dont think he can get in it, have put it near her but she has chosen not to use it :roll::lol:

oh dear i need to pee!!! :shock: what to do what to do! (should have bonded them in the bathromo :lol:

been now :lol:

Last edited:
Back