• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutering a Giant

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
Do you think it will cost more?Stumpy weighs nearly 5kg,It seems that he still has no plums,I thought he had some but he hasnt yet,he is 20 weeks today :roll::roll::roll:

hmm well in theory no as my veet used to say under 2.5kg or over 2.5kg when pricing due to anestetic costs so cheaper if smaller bun. but i think it only varied like 15 quid or something so shouldnt hit you oto hard...mind you i guess depends on vet..best to give them a call xx

Mine doesn't charge any more, it maybe worth phoning your vets as most vets charge different prices for dogs as it goes of their weights:D

I used the vets inside pets at home. It cost £55 under 3kgs and £75 over 3kgs.

Luckerly pepper had his plums at 12 weeks and he weighed 2.9kgs. The vet said they dont usally netuer at 12 weeks but was happy to netuer pepper because of his size.

Our vets go on size as to how much it costs but my boy bunny is only just over 1 kilo so not sure how much it jumps upto for the bigger bunnies maybe around £20 more :?

I have found giants very sensitive to anaesthetics so only give a 1kg rabbit dose of premedication for sedation, then give intravenous drugs 'to effect' so only the minimum dose required for them to go off to sleep. So actually I probably use less anaesthetic agent than for a standard sized rabbit. rabbits are odd aren't they...

20 weeks and still no plumbs ???
whats the average age for a giants "giants" to drop :D

Back