• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help for my sanity please.....Update - phase 3 !! feel free to laugh !!

Julia123

Warren Veteran
Hiya

I'm going a little stir crazy feling guilty about my outdoor bunnies ( I know, I know ..... but I haven't had a flap for a month or two)

.... thing is I just feel so GUILTY !!! Gabe & Daisy are squidged on a blanket in the lounge and Nushka & Bungle (and Jack & Lea fosters) are outside in the cold and rain :cry:

Just went in to check on them and Bungle and Nush keep running up to the kennel doors .... Oh gawd I just feel so BAD !!!

Please tell me bunnies don't mind the rain cold and slugs....:cry::?

Last edited:
i always feel guilty with Marsha and Casper being in the shed, but nick always reminds me they have perma coats so making me not worry x

:no::no::no: you must not feel bad.

They have covers on, have water, food and hay and together with your love and affection, they couldn't possibly want for more.

I have green and blue covers - you can pick them up from the Pound Shop or Poundstretcher/Wilkinsons, and using wooden clothes pegs, peg them onto the mesh. It stops the elements and also keeps them safe from any predators during the night.

If you have any black bin bags, you could use those for the time being. Would you like me to keep an eye open for you and pick some up?

ive just stapled bubble wrap and put cut up compost bags round my hutches and it flaps over the front to stop the rain getting in rains not to much of a prob for buns its cold winds,as long as they have plenty of nice bedding hay they are fine, but there are plently of hutch covers for sale in p@h, my outdoor buns have already started to fluff up getting ready for the winter

I think I just didn't want to make it dark for them :oops: I have some old thows that I have to put over the fosters hutches and runs when I let Bungle and Nush out and I feel guilty about blocking out their view :oops:.... yeah I'm nuts....:?

I was thinking about clipping perspex sheets to the mesh sections - but could be costly with the size....

Will bodge something together until I can plan something for the weekend.

Thanks for the offer Vickie but I think I want something they can see through...:oops:

Oh, also do any of you have any cost effective lighting? they have solar lamp things but they are not much good....

Oh and another thing I'm beginning to panic about bonfire night.... :shock:

How do I cover this lot...:? I've also just added another 2 tier hutch with run under onto it.....

cc.jpg

This is NOT going to be easy......

PS its all slabbed under now

How about clear plastic sheeting? Homebase sell it on a roll, although it is pricey, it isn't as expensive as perspex.

Thanks for all the tips - I'll do a DIY store dash on Sat - I have Wickes, Homebase and Screwfix within 1/4 mile of each other :D

How about using the corrugated plastic I have on all my runs :) I also bought clear bench covers which fit over a 6ft or 5ft hutch perfectly. I pull them down when its raining :)

:wave:

I'm kind of some way there with the covers now.... bought some plastic and attached them to some of the open areas but leaving the runs - pics below..... erm it was late when I finished and it was only this morning i saw the problems....:oops::oops:

b.jpg

c.jpg

So this morning, looks an absolute sight and the plastic on top of main foster run was full of water...:roll::?:oops: .....

d.jpg

a.jpg

Help please ... :oops::?

See if you can get a couple of large plastic sheets to cover the top of the two foster buns hutches that can be pulled down over the front of hutch for bad weather days and of a night, held down with a couple of bricks, then folded back during day on top of roof of hutch keeps roof more drier and frost free in winter, underneath you could put an old blanket in more wintry night to keep out frost. Just an idea. :D

tarpaulin/covers with eyelets are good because you can hook them to wire mesh using bungee/luggage hooks and easily unhook them as and when required.

Right, I'm on Phase 3 :lol::lol::lol: how long to you give this lot before it falls down !!! ????? :?:?

Back

k.jpg

Front

kk.jpg

I've come to the conclusion tonight I might buy a tent :thumb:

Back