• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT. Surrogate Doe needed. Nottingham.

A pregnant doe appeared at a rescue about 1 week ago and promptly gave birth. The mother was extremely malnourished and unfortunately 1 of her babies died. Tragically, this morning the mother died as well.

We are looking for a surrogate doe with 1 week old kits (or at least still in the nest) that we can put 2 kits with. I have found a surrogate Nethie but feel that she won't be able to take on all 4 as she is so small.

At present I am hand rearing the babies but feel that the nourishment and anti bodies of a real mum will give these babies a better chance of survival.

if you dont find a surrogate mum then use goats milk as this is similar(Wel las similar as can get t) to rabbits milk and can be fed 3-4 times a day i think...speak to luciuslop she had similar prob last year(not dead mum but mum who couldnt produce milk and had to hand rear....

Back