• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

LollyBeBunny

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
hello!!

a bit new to this, Lolly is my little Ray of "Bunshine", I stole him from my niece on june 14th this year as he was living in a urine soaked cage in a house with 2 kids under the age of five and a small dog!

Since moving in with me his little character has really blossomed, he loves to eat my boots, curtains, flip flops, sofa and wallpaper (I needed to decorate anyway so perhaps he's telepathic)

does anyone have advice on toilet training? he has a litter tray that he uses fairly regularly but he's still a "carpet piddler " when he gets the chance. what type of litter is suitable (will he eat it?) at the moment we rely on newspaper and kitchen roll!

Help!!!

Lolly's mum

Im new to litter training too and rabbits in general, please dont be fooled by the rescue sig, I am new to that too, I am volunteering to raise money for them.

I am using wood shavings and a covering of hay. I put it in his favourite corner. And he does it automatically. Ive not moved it yet, but that is the next step.

Other people do use manufactured stuff either for buns or certain cat ones.

Last edited:
:wave:Hi! Welcome to RU. Is your bun nuetered? My bun was done nearly 3 weeks ago and it makes a big difference - don't know if it's just my bun but his pee also smells a lot less stinky.

Hi and welcome.

With regard to the toilet training, neutering is a good start, the majority of rabbits are a lot cleaner after this. Is the place where your buns wees, is it usually the same place? If it is the same place place a litter tray on that spot, let him get used it there and then slowly move it to a place which is acceptable. Posting in the rabbit care section will mean that your post will be more visible and you will get a greater response.

:wave:Hi! Welcome to RU. Is your bun nuetered? My bun was done nearly 3 weeks ago and it makes a big difference - don't know if it's just my bun but his pee also smells a lot less stinky.

I can confirm through my own experience that male buns are less smelly once they are neutered :D

Back