• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A rabbit & an omlet?

One person on here had foxes break into theirs, the catches aren't very secure at all. :cry:

The house bit is a bit weeny too.

Sorry but as rabbit accommodation go, these are terrible. Omlet donated one to the rescue where I used to volunteer hoping that we would recommend them to people who adopted. They are totally unsuitable as rabbit accommodation if it's to be used for full time housing. They are far too small, they close by way of a flapping door, which when closed means that the rabbit has no light/window.

The area with the removable litter tray is only the same size as a medium cat litter tray and so not enough space (this takes up the whole floor) and they were recommending them for a pair! I don't think so.

The run used to fix with plastic clips (which I believe has changed now) but was certainly not secure.

I have used the Omlet for play time on the grass for small bunnies, but would never, ever recommend them. They look funky but that's the only thing that is good about them in my opinion. They are also way over priced which leads me to think that the only people who would shell out for one are people with more money than sense.

I think that they may be suitable for chickens but then I am no chicken expert.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble. Please don't waste your time buying one of these.:(

I'm going to be very blunt, and get astrix'd out too :lol:

They're ****. Not worth £3.60, let alone £360.

In my opinion only people who care more about being "stylish" and "in fashion" than the animals themselves would get one. They certainly aren't big enough, or strong enough and I wouldn't even supervise my rabbits in one.

I just can't imagine that they developed that with input from anyone who knows anything about rabbits. The pictures on the link show the run with the old type of fixings keeping the mesh panels together. They are plastic and could easily be bitten through. Not only that, they get brittle in the heat/sun and break easily after a season or so when exposed to the weather. Mine is currently stashed behind the shed, wondering if I will ever be able to think how else I could make use of it.

If only they could make one of a suitable size with good size openings, then they may be of some use, but I guess the development costs would be prevent most people from even considering them.

I think it's interesting to see how many get resold on Ebay. Obviously not as good as they purchasers first thought.

Blimey - that's dreadful. I've just sent an e-mail to Omlet.co.uk telling them exactly what I think. No doubt they'll ignore it.

I really must be missing something here as to me it looks like a cat litter tray with a hood, worth about a tenner- in size as well- the price is just staggering.:shock:

If it was about 10 times the size I could see the appeal of easy cleaning etc... but that is way way way too small for 1 rabbit, let alone more.

The bigger one is over 600.:shock::shock::shock::shock: You could buy a good quality kennel with lots of space for that price.

They are dreadful things..only useful as a run and run cover for a small bun or gps..not as a home..and the price:shock:

Sorry but as rabbit accommodation go, these are terrible. Omlet donated one to the rescue where I used to volunteer hoping that we would recommend them to people who adopted. They are totally unsuitable as rabbit accommodation if it's to be used for full time housing. They are far too small, they close by way of a flapping door, which when closed means that the rabbit has no light/window.

The area with the removable litter tray is only the same size as a medium cat litter tray and so not enough space (this takes up the whole floor) and they were recommending them for a pair! I don't think so.

The run used to fix with plastic clips (which I believe has changed now) but was certainly not secure.

I have used the Omlet for play time on the grass for small bunnies, but would never, ever recommend them. They look funky but that's the only thing that is good about them in my opinion. They are also way over priced which leads me to think that the only people who would shell out for one are people with more money than sense.

I think that they may be suitable for chickens but then I am no chicken expert.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble. Please don't waste your time buying one of these.:(

I certainly wouldn't keep my chickens in it, far too small.

It's rather tidgy!!! and at £360... gosh I could get my triple story six foot log lap with trap doors stairs and night shutters rydale hutch for that price!! (yes sad I know... but one day I'll have the money)All I'd use it for is an outdoor shelter in a run... my runs and hutches alone are bigger than the whole thing put together! :lol: And they really didn't cost £360 more like £150

From their website:-

How many rabbits can I keep in my eglu?
Rabbits vary greatly in size. A guide is that 2-3 medium sized rabbits such as an English lop will be fine in the eglu. A single large rabbit like a French lop will live happily in the eglu. If you have a small breed such as the Netherland dwarf you can keep between 3 and 4 in an eglu.

:shock:

From their website:-

How many rabbits can I keep in my eglu?
Rabbits vary greatly in size. A guide is that 2-3 medium sized rabbits such as an English lop will be fine in the eglu. A single large rabbit like a French lop will live happily in the eglu. If you have a small breed such as the Netherland dwarf you can keep between 3 and 4 in an eglu.

:shock:

:shock: :censored: :shock:

The sad thing is that they asked the opinion of the person who ran the respected rescue Helen, Nix and I helped out. She told them exactly of all the concerns (probably about 2 years ago) and they've not taken any of it on board and still advise it as suitable for buns. Sure it's suitable - if you want to live your life in a toilet that due it's plastic design, bakes you in the summer and freezes you in winter :( :censored:.

Back