• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies + Rain + PLUS SOME GOOD NEWS

Phoebesmummy9

Warren Veteran
Hey
Some of you may remember I posted a while back about my adopted Lionhead boy,Fletcher - as I was unable to bond him to my group of 3! :( Well the good news is - Weve managed to get him bonded! its been a long long process but I think i can safely say now hes part of my then,trio! :D
Anyway as they are bonded - i went and bought a 8 element run (metal and all clips togeather with cover over top) but the cover is half waterproof half net, - well the UK being the UK, were having little storms atm and its been raining and a bit windy - i popped one of my small hutchs in the waterproof side of the run just for shelter - but do they heckers use it! so my question,is it safe to leave bunnies in the rain? (they are indoor buns but go outside for excerise alot) they did seem to enjoy it just it worried me when i brung them in all soggy, Phoebe is so small for his age and im worried incase he catchs cold or something :shock:

I have a little hide box in the run for my lot but they Never go into it and would much rather sit on top of it. I just put a large wooden board over the run where the hide box is and when it rains really hard they tend to sit on the box but are nice and dry because of the board! Only driving rain or hail makes them dive for cover though:roll::lol:

Good news :)

Bunnies are fine in the rain as long as they have some shelter to go to if they want it. I would be a little worried if it was absolutely tipping it down and they stayed out, but normal rain is fine and wont penetrate their fur.

I agree, I think its only a real prob if their undercoat gets wet.

Congrats on the bonding. :)

its just been light showers here today and ive left them out - the run is so big that I have a small hutch in thier for them to hide in, which is under the sheltered waterproof part of the run anyway :D
Does anyone else have an open air run, and have a cover made for it so it can go over for when its raining?
I really do need the buns out as much as possible, just worried incase the rain gets em all poorly :D

Back