• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Caravan!

elve

Banned
*ventures timidly from general chat* :wave:

van.jpg

seating2.jpg

Lots of little cupboards to play with

seating.jpg

clock.jpg

cupboardsandloodoor.jpg

A toy kitchen! :p All folds flat so I'm just having a microwave on the worktop :)

kitchen.jpg

The World's tiniest toilet :roll: 2 square foot of floor space :(

loo.jpg

The damaged window - right at the top there's a hole in the outer, but not the inner window - good job it's double glazed!

front.jpg

And this is what it's done inside

hole.jpg

damp.jpg

Another tiny hole

condensation.jpg

And I'm glad I cut back the hedge just in time or it would have been coming in the window :lol:

hedge.jpg

And I'm also glad I didn't buy a bigger van - I think I measured the driveway wrong as this only just fits :shock:

back.jpg

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Elve I have been hoping you'd post pics of your Caravan !! It looks more 'house-like' than my house ! :lol:

:D

What a fab little house! It's very cute. Shame about the window, but I reckon some perspex and some of that bath sealant stuff will od the job. What does your son think?

p.s. welcome to the land of pictures.

Hi Elve, it looks better than my house. I've probably missed something, but why are you going to live in a caravan?

thanks everyone - glad you approve of the decor and yes it looks better than my house ever has or ever will :lol: I will have to do something with that window - it's a bit awkward to reach up there though :(

Hi Elve, it looks better than my house. I've probably missed something, but why are you going to live in a caravan?

The council dropped a nice bombshell into my life a month or so ago - told me to clear the house so they could renovate, and if I refused they'd evict me :( I was at the time doing 2 university courses which I've had to drop, and it's been the most stressful time ever - all the piggies lived in the living room, and we didn't use it - I made a living room upstairs for us humans :D Sadly all the pigs have had to go outside now too, and it's a nightmare really as I can't do anything interesting any more, just chores chores and more chores, although since I chucked most of my blongings in a skip last week, the place is looking emptier :roll: Not my home any more though - I hate the place now and would prefer to live in a caravan really :D

thanks everyone - glad you approve of the decor and yes it looks better than my house ever has or ever will :lol: I will have to do something with that window - it's a bit awkward to reach up there though :(

The council dropped a nice bombshell into my life a month or so ago - told me to clear the house so they could renovate, and if I refused they'd evict me :( I was at the time doing 2 university courses which I've had to drop, and it's been the most stressful time ever - all the piggies lived in the living room, and we didn't use it - I made a living room upstairs for us humans :D Sadly all the pigs have had to go outside now too, and it's a nightmare really as I can't do anything interesting any more, just chores chores and more chores, although since I chucked most of my blongings in a skip last week, the place is looking emptier :roll: Not my home any more though - I hate the place now and would prefer to live in a caravan really :D

What a nightmare, I would have had a nevous breakdown, can't believe you've been a cheery and supportive as you have on here with all that going on. I can't believe the council could get away with that.

thanks Becca :D

What a nightmare, I would have had a nevous breakdown, can't believe you've been a cheery and supportive as you have on here with all that going on. I can't believe the council could get away with that.

yeah I nearly did have a breakdown - I had to start eating eggs in fact (was vegan) as I just went completely to pieces one evening :roll: That seemed to give me the energy to fight, and I got 2 council officials round here who looked amazed at my guinea pig room :shock: and who then were extremely helpful and organised a skip for my rubbish, got my door mended that day, and agreed to let me have a caravan for my son - he's home educated autistic and could hardly sit in a tent or frequent a drop-in centre full of old people :roll:

I do feel more sorry for the old biddies though, and people not in good health - we've just been told to clear everything out, live in chaos for a month or more once the men come, and left on our own to do it - has near enough killed my 80yr old neighbour I think and one old dear has died of heart failure brought on by the stress :cry: Old people don't ask questions or demand anything - they just do as they're told :(

Rumour has it now that the council have bought my caravan for me and everyone's jealous and gossipping like crazy about it :lol:

It's really nice :D did the seller deliver it for you?

thanks - yes they did, after storing it for a week for me too :D And he sited it and put the legs down and moved it all manually onto the slabs etc - he was great :D

And then he told me where he'd brought it from before it went on ebay :shock: Caravan park right next to my mum's house in Scotland - now what are the chances of that? :shock:

I certainly won't risk trying the gas appliances though - I'm way to scared of explosions to risk it :p think I'll buy a small oil filled radiator for it - I doubt the electrics are capable of running a normal heater plus 2 laptops plus a microwave :? Mind you our laptops belt out heat - it's so small that will probably be enough :D

Great caravan! A snug fit on the drive too. Fab interior. I love my caravan - its the only place where the decor co-ordinates throughout!
If its fitted for electrics then you won't be able to run the heater and kettle/microwave at same time. Just make sure you only run one at once or the trip switch keeps blowing.
As for the gas you could ask a mobile caravan service person to check it all out for you ( he'll change all the rubber gas lines ) - could you claim the cost back from the council?

Sorry, sorry its that darned caravan anorac escaping from its closet again!

Great caravan! A snug fit on the drive too. Fab interior. I love my caravan - its the only place where the decor co-ordinates throughout!
If its fitted for electrics then you won't be able to run the heater and kettle/microwave at same time. Just make sure you only run one at once or the trip switch keeps blowing.
As for the gas you could ask a mobile caravan service person to check it all out for you ( he'll change all the rubber gas lines ) - could you claim the cost back from the council?

Sorry, sorry its that darned caravan anorac escaping from its closet again!

oooh that's good advice thanks! :p I know what you mean about co-ordinated decor too - lovely isn't it compared to home :lol: I guess if we just lived in one tiny room in the house it could be co-ordinated and made cute and caravanney! :rolleyes: The other rooms could of course be filled with animals! :p

Back