• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i think my rabbit is pregnant

elijahfan

Young Bun
i have my rabbit on my lap, i have my and nears its belly , now it feel a lot bigger than normal and i am sure i can feel something moving, now it has been living with 2 boys, the breeder assures me its a boy ut i am not sure

what age can they have babies from? what are the signs he does seem to be eating a lot for a rabbit, do you suggest a vet or what, allso how long are they pregnant for ?

i kinda need a help as baby rabbits is not a good idea, we have only had him 2 days so if he is pregnant then we have been sold a pregnant rabbit

i know i referred to the rabbit as he lol but if pregnant he is clearly a she

How old is the Rabbit?

A Doe is usually fertile from the age of about 16-20 weeks. The gestation period is 30-32 days.

I would take your Rabbit to a Vet to confirm his/her gender and to discuss his/her vaccinations and neutering

:)

thank you my rabbits bith cirt says 1st july dob so if he has been sexed wrong i could have baby rabbits on my hands ? alltho isnt he a bit young mind you i cant be sure if the breeder is being honest or not, why would they lie to sell rabbits ?

thing is its a minni rex rabbit, i was gogin to put him in with my male rabbit and ex show rabbit, well not ex as such but anyway, he tryed to mate with him, then when introduced to the femal rabbit they chased eachother round like mad men, i ahve checked myself and i bielive this is a girl,

looks like a trip to the vet then, netured none of my rabbits have been done, i just keep them apart as i know which is wich are run has a divide to keep them apart, but this one i just have doubts about, and really i shoudl trust my insitincs right

oh well the vet will sort it out lol

How old is the Rabbit?

A Doe is usually fertile from the age of about 16-20 weeks. The gestation period is 30-32 days.

I would take your Rabbit to a Vet to confirm his/her gender and to discuss his/her vaccinations and neutering

:)

I have to agree with Jane.
If you rabbit is only young and turns out to be a doe and she is pregnant then it would probably be better for her to be spayed as it could end up her suffering with only being a youngster herself.
Was it a reputable breeder that you got your bun from?.

How old are your rabbits?
If this one turns out to be female and pregnant you will need to keep it separate from the boy bunnies.
Did you know that unless you get the boys neutered when they are aged between 12/14 weeks old they will fight and cause each other alot of damage if they remain living together and are not neutered?
As Jane says, sounds like a trip to the vets is probably the best thing.
I'd advise taking all your bunnies to the vet, that way the vet can advise you as to their sex, living arrangements and potential neutering etc.
Good luck, keep us posted as to how you get on x

umm i am not sure, he says he has been breeding for 3years and has a website, mind you that doesnt mena much right?

troy's breeder still comes and visits troy to clip his nails for me, so there are breeders then breeders who breed, he did seem a bit rude when i said i thought he has given me a gil not a boy, have i amde a bit of amistake here

Hope your bun isn't pregnant as shes so so young! :cry: If she is, spaying her would probably be the kindest thing to do as she'll be carrying her brothers babies I assume and that level of inbreeding doesn't bode well for the offspring! :(

You could also get your other 2 done so that they could all live together, bunnies as herd animals like each others company and plenty of us can help give you bonding advice after they have been neutered!:) Neutering also prevents womb cancer in does and can help improve temperment and toileting habits! :wave:

Its hard to judge the breeder as we haven't a clue what way he keeps and breeds his rabbits, and the lenght of time hes bred doesn't mean anything as you can get those who have bred for decades but keep their rabbits in appauling conditions and ones who are new to the 'hobby' and do it better than the supposedly more experienced and vice versa!:roll:

Last edited:
Is there a chance it could be bloat and she is not pregnant? Is she/he eating and poo'ing at all?

How old are your rabbits?
If this one turns out to be female and pregnant you will need to keep it separate from the boy bunnies.
Did you know that unless you get the boys neutered when they are aged between 12/14 weeks old they will fight and cause each other alot of damage if they remain living together and are not neutered?
As Jane says, sounds like a trip to the vets is probably the best thing.
I'd advise taking all your bunnies to the vet, that way the vet can advise you as to their sex, living arrangements and potential neutering etc.
Good luck, keep us posted as to how you get on x

i have 3 rabbits troy and gabriella live outside in 2 difrent cages, the new one is indoor in an indoor cage while we get his sex sorted out, its him i think is pregnant, the breed who brought round troy told us that gabriella was a girl so troy stays away, they have a devided run so cant get to eachother,

so the living arrangements are ok and the rabbit perfectly healthy, just this new one , maybe he saw me coming ?

how much does nueturing cost? i havent had the other 2 done as i dont like to put them thorugh surgery unless its needed,

Neutering costs vary according to vet and region anything from £25 to £65 or so I think.
If you have a look round the rabbit rehome site I think it will give you the pros and cons of neutering and speying.
How long have you had the new one for? Sounds like she (if it is she) could be old enough to fall pregnant. Hmmm do you think if they are pregnant for approx 28/31 days she was potentially pregnant when given to you?
Troy and Gabriella, that's dead sweet :D are they high school musical buns? What is/will be the new bunny's name? (sharpay or ryan?! :D) x

Prices for neutering vary. You would be better getting your females neutered as they are prone to uterine cancer and by neutering them you are prolonging their life.
I would take the baby to the vets asap and get it checked and then this will put your mind at rest and you can then do what is ever necessary:D

Good luck

My Nanna Lesley used to breed rabbits, but they are 4 now and too old to bred. She has Marny (named after armarni the designer) had two litters of kittens, the second litter was the one with Garfield. Nellie (named after the chanel designer) had one litter. All of these were sired by joop (named after the joop designer) and marnys first litter, she had gucci (named after the gucci designer). One of nellie's babies went to one of my friends, zoe. they thought it was a boy, but turned out to be a girl when they were going to newt her. so instead, she had her spayed. marny and nellie are perfectly healthy rabbits, and always birthed at dead on 31 days.

i wil get ont he phone to them, i can only take the breders word for it,

the rabbit has not been near my male only to say hi and he was removed very quickly,

I used to think the same as you, i didnt see the point of putting them through surgery, if it wasnt neededm but its such a simple op, and now all four of my rabbits are neutured and live happily in a bonded group of four, so the benefits are far better than the risk of surgery.

xx

was you there at all times when they said 'Hi' as it doersn't take long for them to mate

yes i was, and troy didnt fully mount, it was more an atampt to mount,

troy is a cashmere lop he is huge, i know he had his :censored: out when he smelt the rabbit, but i think i will just pop him.her a long to the vet and for now stop worrying lol

Back