• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

kitts

charmaine

Warren Scout
hi every one my rabbit lola has had a litter of what i can make out at least 8. i have had rabbits for 16 years and this is only the second time any have had any babies (we thought lola may have already been pregnant when we took her in) they were born on monday and are very lively and noisey lol. i am a little concered that shes not eating many pellets and doest seem to be drinking a lot but she is eating plenty of veg fruit hay grass and toast and they all seem to have quite full tums and are so active the nest is in her litter tray wich she has never used as a loo xx

p.s its been 16 years since i have had kitts in my care

I think mum bun will get going on her pellets soon :D and so long as she's eating plenty of other hay and veg she sounds ok.
How long have you had her for? Sounds like its all going well. Good luck with them x

Hiya,it sounds to me like things are going just fine,the kitts are being fed and mum is eating,i dont think you should worry too much unless mum bun's appetite disapears all together,then you should take her to a vet.
I have 2 litters at the moment and it took both my doe's a couple of day's for their appetite to return to normal.
Good luck with you're new bunny family and keep us posted on their progress :wave:

thanx for your replys we havnt had her for very long but she is extremley friendly she used to be a house rabbit and was kept with a buck and this is her second litter i would at a guess say shes 8 months old only 1 baby survived from her first litter. she comes in our house when she is having her exercise time shes inside now lol we just leave the back door open and she comes in and out. shes quite a big rabbit she looks like drpengies splodge. is fairly hungry just doesnt seem that inteasted in her pellets lol x

i just did another head count now its stopped raining and i have counted 8 times that there is actually 9 but 1 is skinny compared to the others and 1 has a huge butt so guess thats the greedy 1 lol :D

aww well you know if you need advice on them in your area... jason burgess is a very rabbit savvy vet in quedgeley animal hospital and his mum used to be a breeder(responsible one rather than back street) so im sure if you needed could calll him up. but sounds like you are doign a fab job!! x

Back