• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Bunny

lauraocal

Warren Scout
I have begun taking my rabbit, Bunny, upstairs to bed with me at night.
She doesn't go up or down the stairs so I have to chatter to her, and when she is relaxed, I pick her up and take her up.
Bunny seems to enjoy coming up stairs with me at night, we play for an hour or two then I go to bed whilest bunny carries on the play.
We have a game we play every night, involving me on the floor with an arm stretched out to my side, whilest Bunny picks up a toilet roll centre and flicks her head right back with it in her mouth.
Bunny then progresses by running over my arm whilest I make an attempt to grab her legs. Bunny will do this back and forth for ages, although I never catch her.. I'm not to sure she would like that.
I started taking her upstairs as I spend all day with her and felt sorry for her when she would follow me to the bottom of the stairs and lay down there, when I got up she was still there.
I know she didnt spend all night like that as she had little projects going off in the kitchen, like arranging her hidey hole under the table and moving various items around.
But still I decided to try her upstairs.
She wakes me up some times as I hear her dashing about the room and landing, this always makes me laugh and I'm yet to find a better alarm to wake me.
My bunny is a fully fledged house bunny, she loves her little corners and has many places she sleeps throughout the day.
She tends to start off at the end of the sofa next to my patio doors on her mat, she'll then go to the other end of the sofa, next to me on my pc at my desk, then when I start work in the afternoon at my desk she goes from the sofa side to the other sofa where she has a meter square of carpet her food and water and loads of hay.
Everytime I get up to go into the kitchen, she springs into action and sprints to catch up with me, often just missing the bottom of my foot as I'm walking, I have to be careful not to step on her.
When my hubby comes home, bunny becomes even more playful as she casually sits with her back to him eating her hay, then slinking up to me for a quick tickle and dashes past hubby.
It's like she is advertising herself to him then saying, you can't touch me!
Although when he isnt looking she'll sneak up to him and sniff his leg or hand intently whilest watching him incase he see's her.
My bunny has so much charm and character I just thought I would share a little here with all you fellow bunny lovers.

:love:

Wow, your rabbit seems really tame and loving. How long have you had her and what breed is she?

Last edited:
aw, sounds like she loves you lots. I'm glad you're getting so much enjoyment from her. :)

Aw she sounds a wonderful bunny :love:
We'd love to see piccies of her :D You sound like a fab bunny mum too :thumb:

I have had her for about a month now.
Luckly, as I knew nothing about rabbits, I went and did some research.
I have let her come to me, and given her loads of tickles when she does.
I believe she is a baby lion head.
She came into my life because a neighbour had her and their dog managed to get a hold of her, I told them it wasn't right and told them I was going to call the RSPCA about it. They told me they didn't have time for her anyway and were giving her away with the hutch.
This appalled me as anyone could take her then, no hutch to pay for, you never know where she would end up.
So I said I would take her with every intention to take her to an animal rescue centre.
I spent one night with my little Bunny and have never looked back.
She was so scared at first, all she did was sit in a corner of her hutch not moving or eating. I decided to bring her inside with an old blanket I had, and after a few hours she came out to investigate me.
I have had no trouble training her, although there are numerous areas where she goes to the toilet, I just put down paper and mats for her.
I really didn't know a thing about rabbits, but I like to know exactly what I'm dealing with and spent the first week learning about her.
She truly is adorable.

She sounds lovely. Can we have some photo's :D

It is so heartwarming when you read a story such as yours and the fact that you have done such a lot of research :thumb:

Aww what a lovely story :love: Im glad you found each other, it was obviously meant to be. and once you have got a bun there's no looking back cos they are so amazing! I too would love to see pictures of her :love:

She look like a little lionhead, sh's beautiful. Lionheads are my favourite rabbits, they have such fab personalities..

My lionhead sleeps on my bed with me right in the crook of my arm. I love having that time with her because we have a really special bond....it's not so great when she wakes me up in the early hours by yanking at my hair... :roll:
Now she seems to have discovered my eyebrows...her days on my bed while I am alseep may be numbered :lol:

I'm struggling to get photo's on here as I only have a webcam with a short cable, I'm needing to take screen shots of the video I record so they aren't too clear I'm afraid.

I honestly have never wanted a rabbit, they have never apealed to me before.
Now though, I can't believe I over looked such a wonderful little creature.

Back