• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Barney's decided he's like to be a house rabbit...

casu consulto

Mama Doe
:roll:

He usually - along with the other three - lives outside in a hutch. But on Monday evening, at about 7:30 pm, he started to show signs of stasis. He's recovered now - and has really brightened up into his normal, cheeky self this morning. But obviously he was brought indoors and we set the puppy crate up for him from the Monday. He was indoors all yesterday (although he was a bit quiet, I think being awake all Monday night did it - I was exhausted). My mum got up at 6:30 am, and had to let him out of the puppy crate before he broke out - he grumbled at her, raced upstairs and then refused to move from outside my bedroom door. :lol: I got up, stumbled out - over an hour after this - and was watching, bleary-eyed, as he raced in circles around me.

But now he's become very attached to 'his' puppy crate. He uses the litter tray in there, and the one in the hall like an angel. Although my sister keeps saying he's pooping on the carpet - he isn't, he's flicking the occasional one or two out when hopping in and out. He keeps doing happy flop-rolls on the carpet, and has claimed the second-to-last stair as his very own. He's made Billy-cat into his new best friend. If I leave this room he'll charge and then greet me with lots of circling and binkies. And if anyone goes into the kitchen he follows and begs for them to give them a bit of whatever they're trying to make.

I've told him that when he is an old bunny, he can live in my house. I'm keeping him indoors for the rest of today because it's supposed to rain... But after that, I don't know how he'll take having to return to his hutch. :lol:

I have pictures I'm going to put up soon. :p

aww i know what you mean. dora isnt a great fan of indoors but arthur well you open the back door in he races and up on the sofa then snuggles up..not everytime of course but mostly he happily would be a house rabbit iknow but as he loves his wifely bun so much and she likes to be outdoors they will have to continue to stay out and thedoor is almost always open for them to come in when they want... he gets a bit restless and goes looking for her too after awhile...then tries to bring her in she will only come into kitchen as doesnt like the laminate in living room bless her.

Back