• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

readi grass?

kimd6200

Banned
hi i know rabbits can have ready grass but just wondering,is it the readi grass that is for horses?ive seen some and it comes in a 15kg bag.is this the right one?x

Spillers? 15kg bale is we use here but then there are rather a lot of us :roll:

I gave mine readi grass, they ate it then flicked it around their hutch to use as bedding!!

I buy readi grass - but in rabbit sized packets not horse sized ones!! My two love it.

I got it from where I get my rabbit food, a small indepedent company that tends to sell horse feed, however, do you have a Jolleys near you or a Countrywide?

I personally would not put babies onto readigrass in preference to hay. Some peoples bunnies have had bloat on it, if given too much.

its nice for a treat. my lot get a small bowl of it daily, they go mad for it and then go back onto the dfh.

Some of my bunnies love it, but I only give it in small amounts as it's protein content is very high. One of my buns when having it then doesn't eat his caecopoops so needless to say he doesn't have it anymore.

mine are munching on some of the giant packaged stuff as we speak. It lasts quite well but it sure does make bunny poop smell very herbal (& if they have more than a handful a day it is caecotroph city)

Mine have a huge bowlful each per day (dinner-plate sized) and they do lovely big, crumbly poos! One pair in particular have never been great hay eaters so I figure it's better for them to enjoy a bowl of this than to eat just veg and a few pellets. They've never suffered bloat or increased caecotrophs (sp?).

I made the mistake of buying Dodson and Horrell 'Just Grass' once thinking it was the same product but it was much more like grass clippings - very small bits of dried grass. Mine wouldn't touch it. Whereas the Readigrass is much coarser and has longer strands - they can't get enough of it.

Back