• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheap shed Online?? What are your shed lined with????

I can't comment on size as I don't know much about larger rabbit breeds, but I would strongly recommend looking for a shiplap rather than overlap shed as many overlap sheds are very flimsy.

I can't comment on size as I don't know much about larger rabbit breeds, but I would strongly recommend looking for a shiplap rather than overlap shed as many overlap sheds are very flimsy.

I'd agree with that:D Overlap gives them the opportunity to chew the "walls" of the shed and is very draughty. It's worth payiing the extra for tongue & groove boarding.

b&q have 15% off their sheds at the minute

yep i know, my brother works there but these not we can afford at the min :(

Hubby has ordered this shed :shock: I think we shall have to maybe line the inside.

*shouts* Lucyyyyy!! Is this shed ok for 2 buns?!? Really hope so else were going to have to cancel the order :roll:

If you were to go for this one you would have to work out how much extra the bunny proof lining will cost and if it would be cheaper to buy a different one once thats included. I would also go for a split half door rather than these sort of doors, you know, the ones where you can open the top but keep the botom shut.

Ahh i see thats exactly the same shed but its the shiplap pr whatever is called :? I think im going to have to call them tomorrow :? Your shed looks great btw xxx

Looks great!

I have a shed for my buns too. On warm days you will need to open main doors to give them ventilation. I would you will need a door on the inside to stop buns getting out and predators getting in. My hubby made mine a door using wire sheets and wood 2" x 2" from Wickes. Cost about £20 for basic door. Hinges and bolts prob another £15. I'll take some pictures tomorrow if it will help ! :D

That would be great :D Id really appreciate that :) I am so unsure what to do, just wish hubby hadnt rushed into it :( What is your shed lined with?? We will defo make some sort of mesh door for inside the normal doors... but i was also thinking about meshing the windows and then making wooden shutters for a night time?? Got to get it all sorted really... hubby is useless at DIY so dad will be coming to do it :) Look foward to seeing the pics 2moro xXx

Here you go. Latching is a bit tricky. We havent found a perfect solution yet. We tried putting a bolt on but then found the external shed door can't close. We have fitted a gate latch on the inside and unlatch it by pulling string. :roll:

DSCF1277.jpg

DSCF1278.jpg

Hope this helps

thats a really good idea... :) Do you have any insulation in your shed ashley?? many thanks xXx

My shed has laminate flooring :D

We threw 2 packs of laminate flooring down the tip around 3 weeks ago :roll: think i maybuy lino as it may work out a little cheaper :? Laminate flooring is probably better in the long run though :) Weve got to get this shed up first :? Its being delivered next week... we have still got to sort the base out :shock: going to order sand, slabs etc from B&Q 2moro xXx

If you made the inside door just over waist hight, then you could have a latch easily opened on the inside, but it also stops bunnys hopping right out!

Back