• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how long before you give up hope?

bunlover

Warren Veteran
as you all know snowy is still missing she went missing on 25th july so its now been over a month i sincerly think someone has taken her in and she is probly being looked after somewhere i spoke to the people who clean up remains of animals that are found in local area(road kill....predator kill etc) and they
have found nothing. no one has responded positvly to posters(well except local children but no one has seen her i hada lot of crank calls which were upsetting and the local papers just dont
get back to me. i wonder when i should give up looking? feel very disheartened as still miss her very much. should i put up more posters? and if so where? i dont know whether i should keep trying to get her home or accept that she has a new home womewhere else? we put a reward up and still nothing.

thankyou i will try and stay positive i just wish knew where she was and that she is being looked after well at least(obviously i want her home even more)

I'm sorry about poor snowy :(

Unfortunately since a lot of time has passed, I don't think it's very likely she will find her way home again. But I don't think you should give up hope, there is always a chance.

my cat was missing for 6 weeks,i walked around our village shaking a box of buiscuits,every night,once i had 7 cats following me,lol:lol:

i put up posters even went onto peoples gardens shouting "tigger!!!"

then out of the blue i was in my garden and i heard a meow,there stood a filthy skinny cat,i dont know who was the most pleased him or me,

you never give up hope:)

How long before you give up hope?

You should NEVER give up hope of finding her:)many years ago when i first had rabbits one of my girls managed to escape:cry:with all the foxes round here i assumed that she would not be around for long on her own:cry:I tried to find her as you have done but after a few years of no news i gave up hope then got a phone call from a vet (not the one i use) someone had mentioned me to them and given them my number as they had found a rabbit and knew that i kept them (she lived in my road just a few doors away)when i checked with the vet she gave me a description of my "lost" bunny:)by then a vet nurse had taken a shine to her and wanted to adopt her so i let her have her:)somehow she had managed to survive on her own for about 3 years:shock:so don,t give up hope she is probably still out there somewhere:)

I don't think you'll ever give up hope until you know in your heart of hearts that so much time has passed that your bunny would be dead from old age.

Have you tried phoning all of the vets in your area? And any rescue centers? Someone may have found her and handed her in somewhere.
I wouldn't give up total hope... Our cat went missing and we presumed he was dead, but my mam put notes through all the neighbours doors on this street and the one our house backs onto, and 2 days later someone found him and we got him back.

Have you tried phoning all of the vets in your area? And any rescue centers? Someone may have found her and handed her in somewhere.
I wouldn't give up total hope... Our cat went missing and we presumed he was dead, but my mam put notes through all the neighbours doors on this street and the one our house backs onto, and 2 days later someone found him and we got him back.

thanks this is actually an old thread she went missing end of july.no i didnt ever find her...i put up posters in every local shop and lampost near by. i phoned every resceu center adn put her on the list of lost pets in rspca i joined all missing pet online things and posted her description i went door to door with help of family and freinds adn posted through letterboxes over 800 leaflets with her picture on it i contacted all local vets and pet shops too including pah. unfortunatly no one handed her in i treid before to get her in local paper with no luck or reply and have just re done an ad i hope they will publish.... it reads

do you want snow this xmas?
snowys owners do she is a white small rabbit who went missing in july this year they believe someone kind took her in and are still offering a reward to get her home for xmas she is much loved and has distinctive eyes. i have even emailed them a photo of her(she is a blue eyed white nethie/polish cross )
i also contacted local forums for the area and my local freecycle ut an advert out i even contacted the local council who said that no rabbits had been found by the people who celar up road kil ladn fox kills in our area( horrible but ui had to ask) i went around all the parks searching day in day out i no longer go out searching but i hope that she will eventually get reunited oh and on preloved there is a lost advert too and the local radio did an annnouncement that week too for me so really i have done all i can we still miss her and hope one day who ever has her wil lbring her home x

I wouldn't give up hope i'd keep advertising ;) my dog got stolen from the garden yrs ago, i advertised everywhere like you but nothing :( i kept going, 4/5 months later my mate was walking her dog on a field quite far away from our house, guess who was walking towards her? :cry: yep my doogle had recognised her, we have no idea where she went or where to we just presume that who ever stole her had had enough and threw her out and doogle was trying to find her way home :love: i've also heard of dog/cats turning up yrs later so you never know one day she may turn up ;)

Im so sorry that Snowy is still missing. But i would never give up hope. Someone, somewhere may know something. I hope wherver she is, she is being looked after well. It must be so hard for you and I am sorry that there is nothing i can say that will make it any easier for you. xx

Back