• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rescue buns

Well, if I get a fourth bun then I want it to be a rescue bun but I need some advice/tips before even though my mum doesnt know that I am planning a fourth bun :roll::lol:
I live in the south west of england so are there any rabbit rescue's around?
Whats peoples expirences(sp?) with rescue buns?
Do I get a baby bun or a older bun?

x

All my buns are rescues, I would definately reccomend it :)

Personally though baby buns are adorable it is much easier to see their personality when they get a bit older, so I prefer that, all to often a cute furry baby can turn into a evil monster when the hormones kick in :roll:

There are lots of rescues in the south west. There is one large animal rescue in plymouth that has rabbits. I know there is an RSPCA in exeter and also one in barnstaple.

The age that would be best depends on the age of your buns. Generally a younger bun would be better with another younger one. Mixed ages can also work however so I wouldn't rule it out.

All my buns are rescues, I would definately reccomend it :)

Personally though baby buns are adorable it is much easier to see their personality when they get a bit older, so I prefer that, all to often a cute furry baby can turn into a evil monster when the hormones kick in :roll:

yeh like jelly! :lol:

NOTHING has given me reater pleasure than see Ghostie turn into a fat, mischevious, happy little creature.
Honestly. This may sound stupid but she's changed my life.
She came to me weighing under 1/2 of what she should be (+ she had gained weighed with Siona and person who saved her ) and now she's back to full fatty health.

All my buns are rescues.

Why dont you see if the rescue of your choice helps with bonding then you can let who ever is going to be living with the new bun choose their own friend.

Rabswood

When Alfie gets a friend it will be a rescue bun. :love:

Have you looked on Rabbit Rehome for local rescues? Would the new bun be a friend for Fendi? Most rescues prefer to rehome buns to be a companion for another rabbit you already have, or in pairs. As Rabswood said, it might be a good idea to find a rescue that will help with bonding too. ;)

I have three, soon to be four, buns from rescues and they have brought me so much joy :) personally I see no disadvantages to getting buns from rescues and a whole lot of advantages.

I wouldnt pick based on age - just go and meet the buns and decide which one you feel a connection with. and definitely find a rescue that will bond for you unless you're feeling very brave :shock:

Back