• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am SO SO stupid

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
my stupidity could have cost all four bunnies their lives.

I didnt lock their hutch properly. normally this wouldnt be the end of the world bcus they have their own little garden, so i just have the mission of trying to catch them, but they are safe.

as they are a group, i need to keep them away from my boarders, so they r by the door. everything with my dog bonnie today has made me a zombie, and i didnt lock their hutch properly.

i went to tescos, mum decided to give them all some hay, walks out into the garden and see's the door OPEN.

ROCKY my collie x is sitting on the patio, with the bunnies running round him not blinking an eye!!! when i first got the rabbits rocky would snarl and try and get into the run, with gradual introductions he slowly stopped, and recently has started lying by the run watching them, but OMG they are SO SO lucky.

THEN..mum only spied THREE bunnies. where was peanut!?!?!

her and my bro searched and searched for an hour, and then finally found him!

i am so so so stupid

rocky has just been giving lots of treats!

Aww love, what a shock for you! Don't beat yourself up about it - it's a mistake a lot of us have probably made on here and understandable in the circumstances - You're only human! Big hugs for you ! x

:shock: Your not stupid. Dont put yourself down. Its not your fault hun, youve had a really stressful day :( Bet your shattered. Glad the bunnies are ok xXx

It's easily done, I put my bunnies away one evening but left the door unlocked and they were running around in the dark until 1am in the morning when I looked out the window and saw them!

You've got a lot on your mind at the moment so don't beat yourself up about it!

Sorry to hear about Bonnie x

oh i know, i have done it three times, but that is with them in the safety of the bunny garden, not in the main garden, there are SO many holes, and th ehutch is right by the gate which is by the main road.

i feel physically sick, i am such an idiot.

my beloved little peanut was right by the gate!! he could have EASILY escaped,. thank god he didnt.

my mum said she swears he heart stopped beating when she saw three bunnies around rocky.

part of her was 'omg they are out and theres rocky' and the other half was 'why is there just three'

Glad they are all back home now. Dont be hard on yourself. It was an accident, you've had so much going on, you're only human x x x

Bless you, these things happen, as others have said, don't beat yourself up over it! You've got a lot on your mind today.

what a good dog! so gald the bunnies all ok!
I'm in the stupid club too today (one of my foster baby boars (8 weeks old) managed to squeeze out of his cage and get into my group of 5 sows and 1 neutered boar :shock:)
Accidents happen :(

Back