• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kizzys wound :(

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Well the story goes... i have tried to pair Kizzy with a couple of buns and it faild, then when i was on holiday he was boarding at Kareens rescue, Kareen managed to pair Kizzy up with Parlsey and they got on fine, after a few days their was a wee bit chasing etc but i brought them home and they have been ok. Kizzy is in a wee world of his own but he grooms Parsley quite a bit and i often see her groom him, but Kizzy doesnt seem to have much to do with her.

Parsley often pulls Kizzys fur especially at feeding times, or when i go to get them to put them in run etc. But tonight i had all the rabbits at the vet for their 3rd mite injection and the vet noticed a wee wound on Kizzy, i always give him a check over incase she gets to his skin but just got home from work so didnt really have time. It looked fresh and like it had just been done so i dont know whther she done it in the carry case or not.

I just dont know what to do :(, i feel they arent 100% happy, they have been together since middle of june. I feel sorry for kizzy as i feel he has been picked on a bit, and i feel sorry for parsley as i feel she could be with a bunny who will lie with her, pay her attention etc... Just confused :(.
Here are the pictures of Kizzys wound:-

DSC00384.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00380.jpg

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Thank you, yes he got antibiotics to clear it and also some stuff to clean it with warm water and cotton wool :( they both seem fine are back in now settled and fed,think its when parsley gets a wee bit stressed/nervous she takes it out on kizzy :( xx

Rabbits heal very quickly. Dont know for sure that you will need to as hes been given anti iotics but Id wash the wound with boiled & then cooled water with a bit of salt in

aww :( its always sad when a bond doesnt work out maybeits for the best tho if they do get seperated are they still being freinds? if they are dont seperatebut if it looks aggressive stil i would give it a erst and keep apart. but many people prob wont agree with me.

Im really confused in what to do, parsley still pulling at his fur/nipping him, their is nomore wounds, their is a little nip beside his current one but not sure if thats new or part of this one. I cant tell if they are happy and its ripping me apart as i dont know what to do:( they still grooming each other etc being friends but she keeps nipping him when she puts her head under his tummy or goes near his bum he runs off and she nips him and chases him when he runs.. im just lost and dont know, i wish rabbits could talk. Kizzy is in a world of his own and is such a quiet thing :( xx

Back