• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where did you get your bunnies from?

I got Hazel-Rah from Nottcutts garden centre and Hattie from Squires Garden centre :( Didn't know about how bunnies were bred then. My four other adults are Hatties children as she came to us pregnant.

If i had known i would have gotten bunnies from a rescue :(

I got Toffee from a petshop when i was little and i got Ghostie from a member from this forum who i met when we tried to save a wild baby bun.
Ghostie was given to this member in a dreadful state and if it wasn't for her.. i wouldn't have her :D

I got Sooty from a pet shop 7 yrs ago and Tinkerbell from Wyevales 3 yrs ago.

Simba was a rescue :D

Have been to woodgreen before... its an amazing shelter :) xXx

It's lovely, that's where I go to college too, I have to resist going to look at the buns on my breaks!

We got Decca as I couldn't stop thinking about him after I first saw him, and he was still there weeks later.

I got my current buns:-

Bracken from RSPCA in Sheffield
Teddy, Ruby, Jemima, Alice, Wilson, Oscar, Ollie & Mimi from Thornberry Animal Sanctuary in Sheffield
Harry came from my hubby's friend - whose daughter was bored with him :evil:
Amber was thrown out by my sister in law's neighbour & we managed to catch her after about 6 weeks living stray :cry:

My rainbow bridge buns:

Barney was from PAH adoption centre in Sheffield
Alfie was from Thornberry Animal Sanctuary in Sheffield
Willow was from RSPCA in Sheffield
Roscoe was a stray my sister's friend found in her garden.

I would have more rescues if my hubby would let me, but verging on being divorced now!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
7 of my buns came from a rescue I used to foster for called PAWSS. 2 came from a somebody who had been involved in small animal rescue and had started to do reptile rescue, when they were contacted about these rabbits, they asked if we could take them. 4 were ones we rescued on our own, from various dangerous situations.

Marsha was from All Pets in Hessle, before i knew about rescues for rabbits... so was Lilly (RIP)

Casper came from BARC.
Bailey Sues in Dewsbury
Alyssa from PAH adoption ctr HUll

I got Rubix & Sophie from The Rabbit Residence & got Piglet and Eeyore from GBH rescue in Kent :D

Barney came from Bleakholt Animal Sanctuary.
Amber came from.. hm, Rochdale RSPCA? :oops: I don't remember exactly, we visited sooo many places looking for a young spayed doe. It was definitely an RSPCA place, and I'm relatively sure it was Rochdale...
Hazel & Bella came from the Tameside Rabbit & Guinea Pig Rescue.

Phoebe came from a local breeder before i knew about rescues. The breeder was a nice man though and only had four rabbits which he was breeding with and they lived in a really big hutch and run.

Amber was given to me by my cousin whose son had got bored with her after a year.

Dexter and Ted came from Honeybunnies rescue in Leicester :D

I got Munchkin from a pet shop & Nibbles (RIP) before I knew about RR
Pipkin came from Heathlands Animal Sanctuary
Luckykins came from a RU member
& last but not least Pumpkin (my orange mini rex) came from a breeder

Star (RIP) - unexpected litter
Moonshine - Pet shop (didnt know about bun runs then :oops: and didnt know of any in area)
Shadow - My ex bf's, dad's boss's rabbits had unplanned litter
Storm - The man had to part with his rabbits as he was moving to a flat and she was the last of a litter his rabbit had had.
Scraggles - Moonies daughter

Dubbers was adopted from a friend who could no longer care for him, and Polo was adopted from the local ARL chapter :)

Back