• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Is Anything Wrong With My Bunny?!

Laurapaarl

Young Bun
my bunny Archie has been acting generally normaal all day, VERY hyper (as usual) and friendly and happy, he has been eating nomrally drinking and having treats normally
Only thing is he hasnt gone for a wee or poop all day

Is there something wrong?
If he was in distress he wouldnt be so happy.. i dont think so anyway?

Please someone reply
x :?

There could be something wrong with him if he hasn't been to the toilet. How many hours is it since he has been to toilet.

Has he been in his usual accommodation all day? Sometimes bunnies are very funny about where they go to the loo and they hold it all in until they get back to their usual toilet.

Tray

Well archie is a house bunny and has been out for the majority of the day
But he has his pen left open and has another litter tray wich he does use in the room he plays in.

sometimes kermit doesnt do pee & poos for a while if he is out in the living room, maybe not 7 hours, but a few hours anyways, i just lift him back into his cage and sit him on the litter tray and he does them....seems like they hold them in at times.

But if its been going on longer i would get bunny to a vets!!

Back