• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4 baby buns/how old

olliver

New Kit
:censored:my friend found 4 baby rabbits in a small tv box cold and skinny she called me and they are now in my care all are now fed and looking well (been to the vet)
vet said i can keep them and i have lots and lots of room:love:
i just wanted to ask will they be happy liveing together (spayed) or will i have to separate them in time

thanx oliver

Last edited:
Hiya,

Can I ask how old are the baby rabbits?

Was the place that they were dumped covered by any cctv? I think it may be worth reporting them to the rspca.

Did the vet not give you any advice on seperating them? In my opinion I would seperate the boys from girls at 8 weeks old. You can try rebonding them all once they all neutered.

the rspca are looking in to it so hopefuly get somone for this
the vet says around 6-8 weeks now
she just said to watch for fighting

I'd seperate them into 2 pairs, you dont want more babies :) If you put piccys on here some of the members who have had baby buns may be able to estimate their age for you :)

Btw... to upload pics you have to use www.photobucket.com but if you look in the help using the forum section, it tells you how to do it step by step xXx

I'd seperate them into 2 pairs, you dont want more babies :) If you put piccys on here some of the members who have had baby buns may be able to estimate their age for you :)

Btw... to upload pics you have to use www.photobucket.com but if you look in the help using the forum section, it tells you how to do it step by step xXx

ill go take some pics

thanx for the upload advice lol

IMG0099A.jpg

IMG0102A.jpg

IMG0097A.jpg

anyone no how old

If the RSPCA arte involved then they will probably help towards the neutering costs when the time comes. You can keep them together for a couple more weeks if they are around 6 to 8 wks:D

Yep, i agree. Id keep them together for a bit longer, they look tiny :) Very sweet though. Poor things xXx At least theyre safe with you :) have you had bunnies before?? xXx

To me they MUCH younger than 6-8 weeks, I would say 4 weeks.

Be careful about what you feed them, read as much as you can and ask as many questions as you need.

Heres some info I think you could use:

How long to keep together: about 4months and then you can reintroduce them after they are fixed as long as you see no fighting or anything

pm me if you need anything as I am a breeder and know lots about it

To me they MUCH younger than 6-8 weeks, I would say 4 weeks.

Be careful about what you feed them, read as much as you can and ask as many questions as you need.

i fort they looked a bit smallfort it might be as they had no food
are they ok out so young should i keep them in fpr a wile?

Last edited:
Heres some info I think you could use:

How long to keep together: about 4months and then you can reintroduce them after they are fixed as long as you see no fighting or anything

pm me if you need anything as I am a breeder and know lots about it

thanx ill keep it in mind

Its hard to tell from the pics but to me too they look far younger than 6 weeks...they remind me of babies who are straight out of the nest, so round 3 weeks. :shock:
I'm not saying that because of the size they just have the "baby-look" to them. Hard to explain...

Back