• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Insurance

mystic.kitty

Mama Doe
Who do you recommend for pet insurance for bunnies?

I'm finding it hard to find people who will insure buns, apart from Pet Plan.

I think petplan are very good - I claimed last week and didn't even have to pay first then claim, just paid the excess at the vet! It was easier cos teh vets were used to dealing with petplan. x

We use Pet Plan for our Bunnies & cats, it's expensive but as Carol and Gregory said they are brilliant when it comes to paying out.

I like petplan, remember to get your rabbits dental checks so they are covered for that too.

Also heard of exotic direct.

I like petplan, remember to get your rabbits dental checks so they are covered for that too.

Also heard of exotic direct.

Hi Timb0h :wave:

Can you clarify on the dentals?
I know dentals is a grey area and they don't always pay out, what is the criteria then for dentals to be covered?

Thanks

Hi Timb0h :wave:

Can you clarify on the dentals?
I know dentals is a grey area and they don't always pay out, what is the criteria then for dentals to be covered?

Thanks

They are covered for dental problems as long as they have had a dental check within the last 12 months. The usual conditions apply of course that it mustn't have been a problem before the policy started and you must be keeping your rabbits properly.

Definately Pet Plan. Although if there's ever issues with payment (ie, when I cancelled my DD for their other owner to take it up) they aren't right good... they cancelled Hollie and Jamie's cover, but it's all sorted now - a month later!!

Taking out insurance for all my bunnies has been well worth it, just for Kitt alone... a rabbit who, in his year with me, has cost over £1,000!!!!!

xx

Back