• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wild rabbits are..... ROUGH!

Stalvros

Warren Scout
How come the fur of wild rabbits matches that of a porcupine?
I haven't exactly patted one before (heck, they'd run at the sight of anything) but I recall my leg being 'brushed off' by one of those things and i bled -_-.

Very very different from the bunnies we have at home~

Oh and also, i wanted to ask~
What can domestic bunnies eat that wild rabbits can?
(I'm just going to assume that wild rabbits don't feed on hay and palletes and they fed on something more 'WILD' that domestic bunnies can't eat?)

Wild rabbits don't have a rough coat, it's very soft exactly the same as a pet rabbit. Their dietary requirements are the same too. Hay & pellets are just used as its more convenient for people than providing fresh grass/plants.

Wild rabbits don't have a rough coat, it's very soft exactly the same as a pet rabbit. Their dietary requirements are the same too. Hay & pellets are just used as its more convenient for people than providing fresh grass/plants.

thats just what i thought. :)

Are you sure it wasnt something else that brushed against your leg? :) xx

hmmm was quite dark~
but i'm pretty sure its rabbit

(unless you're telling me that a duck has 2 pointy ears)

wait, if you say its the same,
shouldn't i just like..... pluck out some
grass from the playground instead of
buying some hay?
(not gonna do that XD, just asking)

you could cut them some grass to sample but it's quite rich so start with a tiny amount to start with. You would have to cut quite alot to feed them the same amount in hay everyday! Best stick to grass as a treat, yum!

Well, it definitely wouldn't have been rabbit fur that made you bleed! They've been using wild rabbit fur for clothing for centuries because it's warm & soft.

You can feed grass instead of hay but you'd need to let them graze not just pick it. They need 25/7 access to either grass or hay, grass you picked wouldn't stay fresh long.

Any change it diet needs to be done gradually.

Back