• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hello everyone

elijahfan

Young Bun
hiya my name is abi i am 23 i have 3 rabbits

i am looking for a hutch despratly, i was told the rabbit i had bought was a male are male rabbit tryed to mate with him and my female tryed to attack her so we dont have anywhere for it to live its currently out in the run, i dont drive so cant get to a pet shop, he was guuna share a hutch but now cant

any advice ?

abi x

Hello and welcome to RU :wave: Im sorry your bunnies have had a fight. Did the male actually mate with your female bun ? If so your doe would be pregnant. Have you tried your local free ad paper for a hutch or maybe ask on Freecycle ?

i think i puled them away in time i have been told that males wil try and mate with males, but he really does seem like he is sniffing for him and did stamp his foot,

we are going ot keeo him in a box tonight with hay and swadust in and put him in the run in the morning then buy a cage

thanks for the welcome :D:wave:

:wave: Aha so they are both males then ? I think you will find once they are both neutered you maybe able to bond them but it must be done on neutral territory and atleast 6 weeks after their ops. Bonding un neutered males is not a good idea as they will fight and could cause terrible injuries to each other.

Back