• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed

I have 2 lophear 18month old rabits. Had from babies, both does.

Last few months have had to separate them as they just tear at each other.

One very docile with family but the other is very aggresive, cannot even put food in without getting your hand snapped at. Have to keep her separated even from guinea pigs.

What can I do with her - I have 2 small children and lots of their friends visiting. She keeps nesting, going mad with bedding all the time in cage
and digging and burrowing in pen. Good vaccination have changedher?? Any sugestions what I can do as cannot keep her in this condition.

So disappointed as she was such a cuddly bunny but wont let us near her now.

Are they neutered?
If not, I'd highly recommend getting this done, it should help calm them down (less hormones flying around), plus un-neutered females have a very high risk of developing uterine cancer later in life so it would be a good choice for their health too.

Noticed also you mentioned keeping the one doe seperated from the guinea pigs, are the rabbits living with guinea pigs at present?

Back