• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PAT bunnys???

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
I know that you can get PAT (pets as therapy) dogs, cats and even horses....but does anyone have/ heard of a PAT bun?
I do a lot of home respite for handicapped children, they come to my house and chill out/trash the house to give their parents a break and ever since I got Blue (November 07) hes been fantastic with them. Most of them don't get the 'head to tail' method of stroking and just smush his fur around but he seems to love it anyway. He always has the opportunity to get away if he needs to but instead demands the loving!!
I was wondering if anyone knew how to get into PATing, I think blue would be ace at it.
I also help run a playscheme for handicapped kids, and hes came along to that this summer too, took his run and set it up outside so the kids could go in with him. Obviously either my brother or I were there supervising and Blue had an escape route and somewhere to hide, but both the kids and Blue loved it.
I want to share the bun-love!!
Its so beneficial for everyone, I used it as a treat for the kids, its chills them out and its fantastic for communication, especially (in my experience) with autism.
Any ideas?

i knew of a rescue down south yearssssss ago that used to go round kids schools and ole peoples homes with a giant and a dwarf bun, loverly buns they were too, id love to do that with biggles but i feel hes getting to old now, hes great with kids and loves a fuss, i might see how doc goes on, as he loveeeees to be picked up and cuddled by me and my son, and take him round the schools and educate kids, want to see how he settles first though as hes still a lil nippy and over amourous after his neuter

Back