• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant Conti..

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Okay so i got Oscar about 12weeks old...

Photo0115.jpg

On way home in car...

Photo0128-1.jpg

Oscar now around 5months (neutered, vets said he was okay and he has been)

Photo-0007.jpg

Am i just being paranoid, but he doesnt seem to have grown much (maybe cos i see him everyday)

How big should he be at his age (5n half months id say)

When will he be fully grown?

Any advice on weight?

xxx

D&J Look as if they haven't grown, but I know they definalty have!
Oscar looks bigger than in the 1st pic:D

I am guessing they stop growing around 12-18 months?
Jack x

D&J Look as if they haven't grown, but I know they definalty have!
Oscar looks bigger than in the 1st pic:D

I am guessing they stop growing around 12-18 months?
Jack x

Lol oh yey thanks Jack.
I guess he must of grown. Just i guess i expected him too be huge...

I dont know.
I know with french lops they grow in the first yr and then plump out lol...

xx

I dont think I will be of any help, but Hermione is celebrating her 6 month (i think) bday tomorrow, and shes around 5kgs. :wave:

Hiya

Its hard to tell isn't it ! I have a conti (Bungle in my siggy) He was 4.5 kg when I had him (no idea of age as he was an RSPCA rescue who was found wondering) Not weighed him but he still doesn't look that big - I think they vary. Oscar is a lovely bun :love:

Hiya

Its hard to tell isn't it ! I have a conti (Bungle in my siggy) He was 4.5 kg when I had him (no idea of age as he was an RSPCA rescue who was found wondering) Not weighed him but he still doesn't look that big - I think they vary. Oscar is a lovely bun :love:

Yes it is!!!
Aw Bungle is lovely.
The lady i got him from said he was 12weeks. So that makes him 5and half months now! He has grown, i guess i just expected him to be huge!!!! His ears are lol.

I need to get him weighed next!

Oscar is brill. Hoping to bond him with Jasmine once she is better. :love:

Hes so friendly and loving, comes to his name and gives me kisses. However, he doesnt like my OH lol. He looks really scared, a guess its cos its me that deals with Oscar the most. Poor Oscar when i go on Holiday!!

xx

he has definately grown,he is bigger than my Stumpy,take a pic of him stretched out and you will see how much bigger he will look,Stumpys growth is slowing down,at first he was putting on weight very quickly 250g a week,now it is half that,I think they stop growing at 14-18 months :love:

the 5.6 kilo bunsters my samson.....according to our vets they are expecting him to peek between 7-8 kilo by 18 months old.

some days samson looks bigger and other days smaller, i think it's cos you see them every day of the week!

When I got my first Cont / french lop at 12wks I thought I had adopted a normal size bun as she always stayed in proportion (ears and everything) then she seemed to bloom all of a sudden. :D

we had one here who was nearly 2 he was 8 kilos and real big guy , very hansom too !! He was also very cheeky and made us laugh alot.
We also had a girlie one stay last week she had had lots of problems, 2 attacks of GI and them an eye infection before she came, we had her in isolation under vets advice, she gained lots of weight in the 10 days she was here, she weighs around 5 kilo's and she is 16 months old, but is making better progress now.

Back