• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter cuddles

Marreline

Warren Scout
Been following a previous thread about arrangements for outdoor bunnies in winter with interest. Never thought too deeply about change in temperature when bringing outdoor rabbits in for a run around during winter as dogs and cats manage so well. I was intending to keep up with my spring/summer routine...housed outside (carpet and bubble wrap over in colder months) then in for cuddles and run around for 1 - 2 hours. Surely this can't do them any harm? Feel I may be being horribly naive but is it the suggestion that those of us with outdoor bunnies can't even bring them in for a cuddle because of the temp change? Seems so sad.

Ill be bringing mine in for a couple of hours a night for a run round and a few cuddles. I really dont see how two hours out of 24 is gonna affect them negatively :D

I feel the same way. Can't let them go all winter without a cuddle and a leg stretch. They'll be wildie and stir crazy! :shock:

Ive been thinking about this too, i'm still gonna put mine out on the grass in the run when its not wet or too cold. Thinking the frost could be an advantage as they'll not be able to destroy the lawn with their digging! :lol: BUT I wanted to still be able to let them have a mad run in the house, not every night but every couple (they binky mad when can run though the house!) but have kinda now been put off. I dont know what to do for the best?

There is nowhere to keep them as indoor bunnies through winter and even if there was my parents wouldnt allow it, unless we had a porch or conservatory. Our house is just too small :cry:

as long as they have had the time to get gain there winter coat a few cuddles indoors arenot going to hurt going to hurt them, ive just put my two foster boys out and therecoats have already started to thicken up, but they do love there cuddles every day

I bring my bunnies in every day for 1-2 hours as well as there outside time. It definitely never did them any harm last winter.

My runs are separate from the hutch, so they only get access to the run when I'm home. So in winter they are basically in the house for the exercise time as its alway dark when I get up and dark when I get home from work

Back