• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi everyone

Roxanne21

Warren Scout
Hi my names Roxanne and I live with my boyfriend and my recently adopted bunny Bella. I've joined today because I have lots of things to ask and talk about...
Until today I had a lovely dwarf lop called nemo who lived with me for a year. When I first got him I had no idea that rabbits would love to have a girlfriend or boyfriend so last week I finally decided to get him neutered so he could finally have a friend and he had also started spraying. A week after the operation (today) I came home and he had unexpectedly passed away due to blood clotting. I can't really get my head around it because he had been so happy this past week and hope I can find some answers here.
A few days ago I also adopted Bella who was supposed to be Nemo's new girlfriend. I chose her because the shop said she was vicious and I wanted to give her a good home and hopefully improve her confidence but I think I'm going to need some tips!

Hi and welcome to RU, im sorry to hear about Nemo thats really sad.

There are loads of experienced people on here always ready to help you out.

Thank you. Could anyone tell me if I should ask about what happened to Nemo in the rabbit care section or the rainbow bridge?

Hi Roxanne

My name is also Roxanne and I am also 21 (guessing from your username your 21 two!)

So sorry to hear about the death of your boy, hope your doing okay.

Maybe the rabbit care section would be able to help you find out some answers.

That's strange I never meet anyone with the same name! and yes I'm 21 too. Thanks for letting me know I'm quite new to all this :)

Hi welcome,enjoy x:wave: Sorry about your wee boy Nemo.I lost one of my female bunnies 10 days after she got spayed which devastated me, her sister is fine and has a new boyfriend now.Your wee girl Bella,it's a case of being patient and giving her time but she may just be a wee grump :lol: i've had rabbits like that but i still loved them it was part of their personality.Some people will say once you have her spayed she may calm down but i've got to be honest mines just stayed the same but truthfully i wouldn't have changed them for the world.x Oh my wee girl died from a blockage in her bowel,nothing to do with the spay.

That's strange I never meet anyone with the same name! and yes I'm 21 too. Thanks for letting me know I'm quite new to all this :)

This is so weird!!! I've never met anyone with the same name as me either!!! And we are both the same age, and from the look of your avatar picture, your Bella is a brown agouti dwarf lop, which is the same as my Humphrey!!!!!

Hi welcome,enjoy x:wave: Sorry about your wee boy Nemo.I lost one of my female bunnies 10 days after she got spayed which devastated me, her sister is fine and has a new boyfriend now.Your wee girl Bella,it's a case of being patient and giving her time but she may just be a wee grump :lol: i've had rabbits like that but i still loved them it was part of their personality.Some people will say once you have her spayed she may calm down but i've got to be honest mines just stayed the same but truthfully i wouldn't have changed them for the world.x Oh my wee girl died from a blockage in her bowel,nothing to do with the spay.

Bella was spayed before I got her so I think part of her grumpiness is just her! I've had her for a week and she is starting to show more trust in me now though. I just had to get her though because she was in a certain large pet shop in the adoption centre and I'd noticed she hadn't been rehomed for a month. She was also out in the back and the only reason I knew she was there because her name was on the wall with VICIOUS next to it. She's a softy really though :)

This is so weird!!! I've never met anyone with the same name as me either!!! And we are both the same age, and from the look of your avatar picture, your Bella is a brown agouti dwarf lop, which is the same as my Humphrey!!!!!

aww get some pictures of your humphrey if you can I'd like to see!

Back