• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you tell if a bun is blind?

He just doesnt really react when you wave your hand infront of his face. He gets around ok but seems to sniff his way around and walks very slowly like he's sussing it out.

Does he have red eyes? Or eyes that look red in some lights? They are supposed to be short sighted. Stew has red eyes in certain lights and he often scans the room by moving his head slowly from side to side so he can build up a picture of what's about him.

Alice is blind she has red eyes.

I can put my finger right next to her eye without her moving it. Its great for putting in her eye drops!

I have had two other blind buns they had like a smoky film over their eyes.

A way to tell if your rabbit is blind is to, either cover the eyes while in a brightly lit room for a minute or so, when you remove your hand the pupil should contact to reduce the amount of light getting in. You could also shine a light in the eye and again if it contracts it is reacting to light, if there is no change in pupil size this means your rabbit is fully blind, although not if it has poor eye sight.

Alice is blind she has red eyes.

I can put my finger right next to her eye without her moving it. Its great for putting in her eye drops!

I have had two other blind buns they had like a smoky film over their eyes.

Coco's eyes are both red,Sooz did tell me she thought he was a bit blind he oftern walks into my feet:roll:

Back