• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What I feed my Molly

NitroNinja

Young Bun
Molly loves eating all sorts of veggies and fruits! She can be a bit selfish she will grab a huge piece of a veggie or fruit and run to a corner and start munching scared someone will steal it lol. This is a list of what we feed her:

-Pellets
-Peppers (usually green)
-Carrots
-Peach
-Apple
-Kale
-Lettuce
-Dandelion Greens
-Carrot Greens (only sometimes my mother found she isnt too fond of them)

Any thoughts on other foods she would like that would improve her diet?

So tea biscuits, not veg, fruit or pellets are fine for them to eat?

I am not sure about the tea biscuits, but I am sure someone will be positive.
Veg, Pellets are fine, but be careful with fruit as some in very high in sugar etc.

Jack x

Oh no they have pellets, tons and tons of hay, lots of grass when they are in the run, then at night they have either some cabbage, carrot, a bit of apple and some more pellets and hay, they don;t have rich tea biscuits often at all.

Last edited:
mine loves rocket and watercressand carrot tops, but hates spinach! what a posh bunny!

went to the market today and got a bag of scraps from the veggie stall. We found out today he like sprouts. and he has cabbage and beetroot tops for tomorrow

still learning though

mine love coriander too but have had mixed replies as to how much and how often this can be fed :?

Yeah they got unlimited hay all through the day and then the dirty is taken out at night and fresh put in, plus about an egg cup full of pellets, they have only had about 1/8 of a biscuit about 2 times a year literally, but when they have had it they liked it. I dont feed it to them all time ..

for treats try raisins - i get those sunnymaid raisins as they don't use any glazing agents.

They are high in sugar though, so must be a treat, 1 or 2 a day. (I should point out that my naughty house buns use their cuteness to con more than this out of me and my husband regularly :oops:)

Blue love broccoli and carrots. His best friend is the market lady.....she lets me have huge bags of veggie bits, last him a whole week!
His favorite treats are bits of banana and strawberry, although he doesn't have them very often. He likes mint too. Doesn't eat much hay, even though its always available so I'm waiting for a sample bag from the hay experts to see if he likes any of those.
He likes tea as well....funny bun!
Stole jam on toast once.....I was not happy. Although neither was he when he had to have a bath.......grubby sticky bun! :lol:

and he has cabbage and beetroot tops for tomorrow

From what I've read, beetroot tops are one of the things rabbits must not eat because they contain oxalic acid (like rhubarb leaves) so are poisonous to them.

Perhaps one of the more knowledgeable members will confirm this or otherwise.

Back