• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help gut stasis?

rachelsawyer

Warren Scout
Hi need some help pls. Hector is not pooing. hes still eating. i cleaned his litter tray midday but there has been no poos since. Is it the onset of stasis? what can i do?? he is moving about fine, not hunched up or anything.

Have his poos looked smaller recently?

Get him to hop about as much as possible and encourage him to drink.
If he is used to greens give him a small portion. Two or three Dandelion leaves would be good too.

Give him a groom to remove as much lose fur as possible, pay particular attention to the area just above his tail. Grooming him will help minimise the amount of fur he ingests.

:)

yep, i noticed he hadnt pooed earlier so i gave him some pellet food that was gone in seconds, hes eating greens and carrot, not really munched hay though

Rabbits don't tend to poo consistently all day long, but much more in the morning and evening, so you'll hopefully find some poos appear shortly. :)

Have his poos looked smaller recently?

Get him to hop about as much as possible and encourage him to drink.
If he is used to greens give him a small portion. Two or three Dandelion leaves would be good too.

Give him a groom to remove as much lose fur as possible, pay particular attention to the area just above his tail. Grooming him will help minimise the amount of fur he ingests.

:)

aaww god hes had some greens, strangley enough we dont have any dandilions about, i have to nick them from the green as it is but its just been cut. hes hoping about fine. No his poos hadnt got smaller just stopped. I feel so sick i went through this a few months ago with Bella and Buster. I cant think what could have brought this on.

What should i get him to drink?? its going to be difficult to syringe feed him as he has sore hocks and every time he struggles he makes them bleed and not just a few spots its loads to the point he needs bandages.

I honestly dont think you need to panic.
If he is eating and active he will hopefully poo soon :)

Well he just took some ribina and water in a syringe he obviously knew there were no meds in there as he sat there quite happily drinking it.
I will calm down a bit then. Just keep an eye on him and get him to the vets in the morning. Should i feel for anything with his tummy?? :roll:

yaaaayyyy just been to the utility room and hector has left a massive pile (mountain) of poo's in his litter tray!!!! yippeee he gave me a fright, little monkey um i mean rabbit!

yaaaayyyy just been to the utility room and hector has left a massive pile (mountain) of poo's in his litter tray!!!! yippeee he gave me a fright, little monkey um i mean rabbit!

:) phew! these buns do like to scare us don't they!! glad he seems to be OK!

Back