• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

shed floors and windows

Diddeen

Wise Old Thumper
Are styrene windows ok to be on a shed that bunnies will live in? Can't seem to find any with real glass windows :?
Also is it better to get one with T&G flooring or OSB flooring?
At the moment im looking at an 8x6 T&G apex shed from either waltons (who have an option of having an opening windows) or Gardenbuildingsdirect.
Any advice welcome :D

My playhouses all have plastic windows and are fab. You can also make mesh covers for the Summer and take the windows out. I would go for T & g Floor and roof so much stronger :) I have one wendy house with OSB roof and its not as strong :? :wave: Good luck hun !!

I took my window out of my shed and replaced it with mesh for fresh air and to avoid a green house effect in the summer. I dont have to worry about rain getting in as its the same side as their run which has a roof, i cover it in the winter to stop the wind getting in:D

aah ok didnt realise you could actually take them out easily enough :)
ive just found a shed similar to these two which has glass windows that open so was thinking maybe that would be better :?

:) Glass would be fine and if you can open it even better :) You could make a mesh cover when its open :)

I emailed the company and although it says in the description the windows open the photo didnt look like they did so i asked and they say the standard shed doesnt have opening windows so gone back to styrene windows.
This one has one window that opens and a double door.. what do you think?
http://www.waltons.co.uk/garden-she.../waltons-groundsman-apex-double-door-shed-8x6

They sell wood treatments too which say they are animal safe.. do you think they are ok for rabbit homes? If not what do you use?

Looks good to me! Having an opening window is definitely a benefit I think, though worth putting mesh/fly netting behind. I'm sure i'll need to convert my windows to be openable before next summer as I suspect even with all the insulation, on a really hot day it will be get too warm in there.

My shed came with real glass windows.

I have put an inner mesh door behind the wood door (like on the greenfields web site), so the wood door can be open all day and allow lots of fresh air to circulate.

I think the floor of mine is hardboard although to be honest I'm not totally sure as it's covered in one large piece of line now.

Hannah

My shed came with real glass windows.

I have put an inner mesh door behind the wood door (like on the greenfields web site), so the wood door can be open all day and allow lots of fresh air to circulate.

Hannah

oooh thats a good idea :? Going to have to see how good my bf is at DIY! :lol::lol: Have already told him i need him to build a big run to attach to the shed :lol:

oooh thats a good idea :? Going to have to see how good my bf is at DIY! :lol::lol: Have already told him i need him to build a big run to attach to the shed :lol:

I made mine myself :D (there was only a small amount of stamping of feet as it was a very tight space to get the hinges on!). Makes it easlier having a stable door as you don't have to worry about them hopping out when you open the door (although they can jump) - can still be fully opened when you want to clean etc!

Hannah

Back