• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Conversation in garden centre

raine

Warren Veteran
Saw some people looking at a hutch and run combination yesterdy so I went up and asked them if they already had a rabbit and chirped on that the hutch was a little small and they ought to look at this website. When they could get a word in, they said we are getting chickens:roll: I said, sorry, and left.

When they thought they had escaped me, I got them outside the store and I heard myself say "do you already have the chickens":lol: I then chirped about the Hen Trust and how I intended to take in some ex battery hens etc.
I wasn't having much luck in my educational cap as he said "Im a farmer and I hate chickens, but she wants them". Then he proceeded to tell me how ugly the battery hens look (obviously being cooped up) and she wittered that the feathers are not pretty on battery hens. I then said "Im ugly, but someone loved me, and I think battery hens deserve the same opportunity":roll::roll::roll: No converts that day I guess

Saw some people looking at a hutch and run combination yesterdy so I went up and asked them if they already had a rabbit and chirped on that the hutch was a little small and they ought to look at this website. When they could get a word in, they said we are getting chickens:roll: I said, sorry, and left.

When they thought they had escaped me, I got them outside the store and I heard myself say "do you already have the chickens":lol: I then chirped about the Hen Trust and how I intended to take in some ex battery hens etc.
I wasn't having much luck in my educational cap as he said "Im a farmer and I hate chickens, but she wants them". Then he proceeded to tell me how ugly the battery hens look (obviously being cooped up) and she wittered that the feathers are not pretty on battery hens. I then said "Im ugly, but someone loved me, and I think battery hens deserve the same opportunity":roll::roll::roll: No converts that day I guess

Awww hun its awful when you are trying and people dont seem to be even listening to you :oops: :(

Have a hug :love: x

"Im ugly, but someone loved me, and I think battery hens deserve the same opportunity"

Bless you. Sounds like you tried your best, and that's all anyone can ask. I hope you don't really think you're ugly, you certainly have a much prettier personality than those guys!

They did try their best to lose me but I kept reappearing:lol::lol: I did think whats the chances I encounter a farmer in a garden centre :roll:

Thats so depressing, poor hens go through an absolutely horrendous life and then rejected on looks which is caused from the cruelty man puts them through which isnt their fault (not that looks should be of any importance anyway) :( they dont want 'ugly' animals they seem to be shallow people.

It was great of you to say something and definitely worth a try for the sake of the animals, wish more people thought and had compassion like that :)
x

Last edited:
Back