• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making a treat ball... mabye?

Mazda

Warren Veteran
DSC00148.jpg

Well last night i have a brain wave! :shock: I was thinking how bord Pebble must be! :lol: I buy her all these toys and she never plays with em. :( and mums like ' its just a waaste of money' :roll: So what i did last night is i put her night time pellets in the ends of the rattle, and she pushed it round to get them out. But the only trouble is the gaps are to big and they fall out easily!! So i need a way to make the gaps smaller, i thought of wrapping something in and out of the gaps, but she will only chew it. So any ideas would be very greatful :D x

I want to try and convert this rattle into a treat ball... ok treat rattle cause i kinda have no money to buy her a treat ball. :oops:

Thanks x

Could you not get a small bottle, (like a panda pop bottle) cut a little hole in it, and then file the hole smooth with an emery board or similar. :)

Wrap up treats in paper (one that's 'bunny safe', brown maybe?) so she has to work for her treats.

Filling a toilet tube with hay and putting a bit of her favourite veg in the middle is a great toy, they go wild to get to the veg!

Sometimes I find just a piece of corrugated cardboard is good, I know Carlton will spend hours just tearing it up! I steal cardboard boxes from Tesco! :lol:

Pebble doesnt really go mad for veg! :shock::? strange girl! :lol:

Do you know what i was thinking about stealing a box from asda yesteday, there were loads by the door when i went on, but when we were going out they were all gone :(

.. ooh mabye with the rattle, if i put squers of cardbord in there, it will make the pellets harder to come out... will that work? x

try wrapping some food in a paper bag and she'll have to unwrap it to eat it.
or put some pellets/ veg in a loo roll then squeeze the ends shut and fold them over

I found a treat ball in my local pet shop for only 75p so that might be an option for when you have some pennies again...look in the cat section thoguh cos they're cheaper there!

Back