• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please help.

crazyames

Warren Scout
I'm new, i've signed up just to get an answer to my problem so please help.

My rabbit is an 8 week old Netherland Dwarf that i brought home a few days ago, I had her out and forgot to put my mum's Chrysanthemums on the table out the way and she took a tiny little nibble of the leaf before i pulled her away.

Will she be ok or will this hurt her at all? It's 9pm so the vet isn't open and i really don't want to lose her.

Am not 100% sure hun but i just googled it and it says chrysanthemums are poisionous to rabbits to be on the safe side ring the emergency vet and get some advice hun :)

Yeah i read that too, but what it doesn't say is whether thats the leaves or the flower or the whole thing, i think i will call the emergency vet but i'd like to hear some more comments if that's ok, i don't want to take up the vet's time if it's nothing when they could be helping a more important matter.

Even if my Bunny is important to me doesn't mean there aren't worse cases out there

was it only a tiny amount? Hmmmm I'm unsure. Is she an indoor or outdoor bun? I'm undecided as to wether you keep a very close eye on her and take her to vet immediatly if she goes off food or appears unwell, ir wether you just call now and get the advice from a vet :?

well i checked the leaf and it only has a tiny spot missing on the end about needle-eye sized. She is an outdoor rabbit but comes inside to play unless the weather is nice, which it hasn't been lol.

I've been going out to her hutch every now and then and the vet isn't picking up.

How is bun today? Wouldve thought if just a needle sized bit that not much n hopefully will be ok -Sue:wave:

She's ok, i have her in my lap while i type lol, she ate and drank this morning and had some hay too and my vet told me to describe how much she'd eaten so i did, and he said a 'taste' like that wouldn't hurt her but if she doesn't eat or drink and started frothing at the mouth i should bring her in

but none of that has happened so far and it's the next morning so perhaps she's fine? Will any of the symptoms show still or can i relax now?

Hi:wave: Welcome to the forum. I'm so glad to hear that your bun is fine. Well done to you for being so vigilant and asking for advice.:):)

:D:DIf you've any piccies of your little bunster, why not nip along to the photos and stories section and post them up. We love to see each other's bunnies.:lol::lol:

Ah, is your bunny Molly? If so she looks gorgeous in the pics - so glad she's fine after being a norty bun :no:

Back