• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This week in Essex I am bonding...

AlisonA

Warren Veteran
My boss' rabbits :shock:

Yesterday:

29082008002.jpg

29082008003.jpg

29082008004.jpg

Isn't she a beauty...I reckon there's a smidge of conti giant in there:
29082008.jpg

And breakfast time this morning:
30082008001.jpg

Looks like they are doing well, are these for you?

Nope - they are his buns, the little one previously had a partner so when she died they adopted the larger girl and tried to bond them but it didn't work. That was about a year ago so they've both been living alone, and I decided to offer to give it a go.

Where did you get the run from?

It's from Albany Pets ebay shop, it's fully collapsible which is why I like it, my hubby doesn't like runs cluttering up the garden all the time :lol:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-x-4-x-2-Fol...hZ014QQcategoryZ63513QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

And now the bonding bunnies have gone back home, I've hacked them both about and done what I intended with them:

31082008005.jpg

Last edited:
That's the very run I've got my eye on Alison. Is it good quality then? The only thing putting me off was not being able to see it first.

Yes it's great, I'm really pleased. It is pretty heavy though, I got them so they would be easy to pack away, and whilst it really does just take seconds to put them up and down, they are heavy to move. I also want to put some bolts on the little flap bit in the lid, because they flap about and get in the way when the run is collapsed down. But it's by far the best collapsible run I've seen for the price - and the freebie run hideaways are pretty cute too!

Thanks Alison. :D I think that's made my mind up. My garden's pretty small so I won't be moving it far anyway. :lol:

Just curious, is the hideaway that came with it big enough for 2 smallish buns, do you think? Alfie's a mini lop, and will be getting a wifey of similar size hopefully soon - just wondering whether it's worth paying extra to get the bigger size hideaway with it but I'm having trouble visualising the dimensions. :?

No the one that comes with it will be fine, it's really quite sizeable. They did forget to put it in with the order but I emailed and they posted it out straight away. I definitely wouldn't pay for the bigger one. Are you anywhere near Chelmsford? You're welcome to come and have a look if you are!

I'll stick with the standard one then I think. ;) I'm in Grays, so it'd be a little bit too much of a trek but thank you for the kind offer. :love: Thanks again. :D :love:

Lovely pics and gorgeous garden! The new couple look very happy - congratulations! Hope that means you get a pay rise! :lol:

I'm very pleased to say that my boss came in this morning and said it was a bunny-love-fest at home :D His wife is still at home supervising them but they now seem to be grooming and all loved up. They are staying indoors in a dog crate until next weekend so hopefully by then they will have bonded nicely :D

Great news Alison; it must be a nice feeling to know that, thanks to you, these buns have now got each other for company. :D

Well I'm chuffed to bits - my boss brought the dog crate back round today (with 2 bottles of delicious looking wine!) as they have now put the buns back outside after a week indoors in the crate to make sure their bond is good. He said there was no bickering at all when they moved them, and because their accommodation has been joined together now, they have a 15ft run to share.

I'm so pleased :D (and not to mention more than a little relieved!)

Oh that's great news, lucky buns too. :)

I ordered the run btw, thanks to your advice - it came yesterday and I'm really impressed with the quality. :D:D

Back