• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits fighting?!? Advice needed

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Checked on bunnies this morning everything was fine... said bye to them around 12pmish as i had to go out. Came back and i always check them straight away but found George had dried blood on his ear :? I cleaned it off with warm water etc and there doesnt seem to be any cuts or anything there :? Ive checked him all over to find no cuts etc and checked Lottie too and she appears to be fine. There was a fair bit of fur in the hutch so im guessing they may have had a fight :(

Ive been in the garden since i got back (sitting here on the laptop :) ) and they appear to be acting normal, sitting together etc. Just a bit worried that they may have been fighting :(

Drake and Josh were the same yesterday, but today they love each other again.

I just kept an eye on them, then when I put them to bed, but some veg in a big dish, that they shared, then they cuddled up toether.
Hope they are Ok.
Jack x

Are they both neutered? if they're happy and acting normal now, I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe something spooked them?

Yep both neutered :) Husbun and Wifey, only got together about 5/6 weeks ago. They have been fine all along, just worried about the dried blood :?

Timba our rabbit had a mate( she passed away sadly), He had a fight with Chamda he had blood on his ears but all we could find was 5 or 6 little cuts , that looked like someone had handled him with sharp nails except she had done it as there was no other people around. At first I was cross thinking my daughter had done this, after about 4 months this happend again , My daughter was away and again there were cuts like nails, every so often I know they fell out but were happy most of the time , except poor old Timba who always came off worse.

Timba our rabbit had a mate( she passed away sadly), He had a fight with Chamda he had blood on his ears but all we could find was 5 or 6 little cuts , that looked like someone had handled him with sharp nails except she had done it as there was no other people around. At first I was cross thinking my daughter had done this, after about 4 months this happend again , My daughter was away and again there were cuts like nails, every so often I know they fell out but were happy most of the time , except poor old Timba who always came off worse.

Yeah im hoping it was just a little disagreement :? Thing is though, i thought if there was blood you werent meant to put them back together??? Or is this a myth?

I think you have to be careful but i wouldn't split them up unless they are continually at it, Think about it we fall out with our nearest and dearest don't we so when 2 rabbits live together they may fall out sometimes.My brother keeps several sets of buns and they fall out too, they usually settle down though , its jst a ruck.:D

Yeah :) They seem ok now, just put them in their hutch for the night :) Hope theyre gonna be ok xXx

I'm sure mine had a little fight 6 weeks or so after they were re-bonded. Just keep a check on them, make sure you can't feel any bumps which could be an abscess forming, which would need a vet. Before mine were neutered they had a few fights, both with scratches but with no problems. I hope they have a peaceful night :)

I'm sure mine had a little fight 6 weeks or so after they were re-bonded. Just keep a check on them, make sure you can't feel any bumps which could be an abscess forming, which would need a vet. Before mine were neutered they had a few fights, both with scratches but with no problems. I hope they have a peaceful night :)

Never knew that! i did check them over, couldnt feel anything, i shall check again in the morning. many thanks for your help xXx i hope it was just a one off :(

Thats the advice I was given on here last year, and I was paranoid I would find one, but didn't!

Ed- thinking about it, mine did have a tiff earlier in the year, the night before a big thunderstorm so maybe they can sense something in the air? (apparently thunder tomo) or maybe somebun got in the way of the hay?!

Last edited:
yeah maybe... theres meant to be thunder tomorrow :) Lottie is very bossy... poor George is always getting bossed around so maybe like you say... he got in the 'way'. Poor thing. Hubby says he knows how he feels :lol:

My 2 had a fight last night as well. Earlier in the evening they had been fine & cuddling next to each other. About 10pm I hear the sound of 2 bunnies chasing each other around (& not in a friendly way). So my 2 (neutered boys) have been relegated to the hutch & run outdoors. Usually calms them down. Unfortunately they're not made up yet!

I'm wondering whether I should separate them permanently but if other bunnies are behaving out of character I'll wait till the threat of thunder passes.

Fingers crossed everyone!

Back