• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why do black bunnies...

They don't.
The black fur turns brown when its sunny as it gets bleached. The same thing can happen to nearly any rabbit but its extra visible on those with dark colors like black or blue.
When they moult the bleached fur comes of and they turn black again.

They don't.
The black fur turns brown when its sunny as it gets bleached. The same thing can happen to nearly any rabbit but its extra visible on those with dark colors like black or blue.
When they moult the bleached fur comes of and they turn black again.

no shes def in moult, and the brown appeared yest and they haven't been in the run so therefore haven't been in sun... they live in a dark shed.

Well then moulted fur sometimes do look brighter. My rex has gotten gray moults in the past (he's black)
Feedingtime.jpg

Here's Sasuke during his worst moult ever... The brown is mostly sunbleaching, but when he moulted some of the moulting fur turns grey..

How weird. I was just thinking the other day that Bella is the first black animal I've had - and I've had a few - who hasn't turned brown in summer. She's still jet black and moulting like crazy at the moment.

Back