• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I bond??

Should I bond Fendi and Gucci together?
Gucci is 16 months old and Fendi is 6 weeks old.
They arent related or neutered. I thought it would be nice to bond them so they keep each other company but I would like some opinions please.
Gucci and Fendi are both females.
x

Last edited:
Can I ask what sex they are?
Obviously if they are the opposite sex they would need to be neutered before bonding to make sure you don't end up with dozens of buns! :shock: If they are the same sex I would still highly recommend neutering them as it tends to make bonding go a lot more smoothly if there's not hormones flying around!! :lol:

I would urge you to have both neutered. Females who aren't neutered run a very high risk of developing uterine cancer when they are older, so aside from the fact it will make the bonding easier, it's well worth doing for health reasons.

I would say Neuter both buns, then try to bond.

Are you going to bond Louis into the group when he in neutered?
Jack:)

Okay
I dont know - I think that Louis is very jolly and doesnt need to be neutered if there is no reason. I might just put Fendi and Gucci together once they have been neutered :)
Thanks x

Okay
I dont know - I think that Louis is very jolly and doesnt need to be neutered if there is no reason. I might just put Fendi and Gucci together once they have been neutered :)
Thanks x

I think Louis would still love to have a wifey. Maybe neuter him, and rescue a wifey bun?
Good Luck with Bonding x
Jack x

A few months ago I wrote on here about my 'depressed' indoor bun, Blackberry, she hardly left her house even though she had the whole room to play in.
A few on here suggested she might be lonely. Shortly after, someone I knew had an unwanted litter. I didn't mention it on here as I didn't know what the reaction would be, but I got Daffodil, at 8 weeks (another doe).
I introduced them almost immediately but in a completely brand new hutch- as I also wanted them to be outdoor buns- it was almost love at first sight (once Blackberry had established she was in charge, a small amount of chasing and nipping, carefully supervised by me- but Daffy just wanted a bit of mothering I think!) ever since- around 3.5 months ago.
Now Daffy is nearly 5 months old and I will be getting her neutered- the vet won't do it til she's 6 months- so far I have had no hormonal behaviour from her. They are inseparable.
So I would say yes- it worked for me putting a baby doe with an adult one- but on completely neutral territory and the adult doe Blackberry is spayed.

I would always neuter any bunny of either sex.
How about getting yours neutered and spayed and bonding Louis with Fendi? You can always get Gucci her own boyfriend when she is old enough to be spayed (6 months).

Back